Looking for suggestion of what 1/4 inch drive torque-wrench in the $20 to $50 range to buy?

I have Ever-Craft brand of 1/2 inch and 3/8 inch drive click type torque-wrenches that I bought at NAPA for under $50.00 each. I think the quality is probably better than what I could of bought at Harbor-Freight. I am not working on air-craft and do not need torque-wrenches that cost over $200.00 each. And I never use them to loosen anything with, store them on the lowest setting where the internal spring will not slide around, and keep them stored away from bad weather.

I would like to find a 1/4 inch drive click type torque-wrench in the under $50.00 range but NAPA does not have any Ever-Craft in that size, or any other brands in that price range.

There are many to chose from in that price range on Amazon, and some have some bit sets with them.

I am thinking of buying the ABN brand one with bits, adapter, and extension with swivel for $37.99

Do any of you have any suggestion about any brands of 1/4 inch drive click type torque-wrench in that price range to consider, or to avoid?

Thanks in advance for any information.

What torque range do you need it to cover? What if there’s a better 3/8” unit to cover that range, would you have fit issues?

I was thinking about this the other day, ensuring ranges of torque overlap to have these devices in the right range for proper accuracy, and then considering size, when I had to use one for a valve adjustment.

Another vote for Tekton. I currently have their 3/8 model and it is a solid performer. And the numbers are easy to read.

I suggest avoiding HF 1/4" It is fine for over 25 lb. in. but does not make an audible click for lighter settings.

I own neither the Tekton or the eTork so I cant give an honest opinion of either of them but I found this interesting.

eTORK wrenches have been designed and developed by founder and CEO, Jan S. Stasiek. Jan has over 40 years of proven and successful experience in the field of torque technology.......As the Owner and CEO of JS Technology, Jan supplied tools to some of the largest national tool brands. During the nineties, over 50% of torque wrenches sold in the US were designed, developed and manufactured by JS Technology. After JS Technology was sold to a major national corporation, Jan provided expertise and experience to help establish manufacturing facilities in China. Facilities which now produce eTORK wrenches. eTORK wrenches are distributed and serviced nationwide from its location in Roswell, Georgia

They have a lifetime "personal use" guarantee which tells me it is a DIY tool but that is okay if you are a DIY. Personally I like the Norbar type scale more on the eTork.

I’ve heard the eTork recommended as a brand on other sites and by folks who have them.

I don’t have one, but the features and readability of the scale are nice, and the value is certainly there.

e-tork looks good, tekton tools look to be kobalt brand for less $$, a good thing, lifetime on kobalt i think but napas chinese tools are lifetime as well + like some chinese tools they work. have needle nose from HF guaranteed, so cheep they twist while trying to use + a replacement is same POS!!

That is the thing with cheap tools as you say, they will let you down on the job and get replaced by the same crap over and over again, that game gets old fast.

I’ve never regretted money spent on good quality tools.

Tools that last. Tools that perform well.

The satisfaction of good tools lasts far longer than the feeling of saving money on a cheap tool, especially when that tool breaks, and needs to be replaced.

That moment, when you realize that you are going to spend as much on junk, by buying a second example of the cheap tool, as you would have spent on a good tool in the first place, is one of life’s great regrets.

I’ve got a CDI (Snap On) 1/4” wrench. It was more than your price range. I’ve got no regrets.

The challenge is value vs. price. Certainly, if a good tool is available at half the price of my CDI, that’s a good value.

But I know I won’t be buying another 1/4” in my lifetime. And it’s satisfying to use. Well made. Accurate.

I have a norbar which is exllent but very pricey.

I bought a laser 1/4" torque wrench, it is good , accurate & withing your priice range

Back