Looking for Resources for Used MB buyer

With the price of new cars so high, I am thinking that my next car, which is probably two years from purchase, might be a Mercedes wagon. I have always liked the idea of a Euro super wagon and thought that if I could find a low miles example between 3-6 years old it might make more sense than buying new. I have never been all that the Interested in German luxury cars but a used Mercedes wagon seems like it might be a nice alternative. Any good websites or other resources to learn more about these wagon?

You're thinking of E class wagons? The regular ones like the E350 and E450 aren't bad, but the E63/E55 wagons are super expensive, they really hold their value. I think they're getting discontinued at some point. Anyway, for E class, MBworld.org is a good forum, there's also Benzworld.org too, but the E class forum there isn't as active.

A few resources for you:

Brochures:

I like Motor Trends site just for the list of options, just change the year to check out different years.

Use a vin decoder to see what options a particular car has:

Get the WIS/EPC which is the dealer repair manual and parts lookup database on eBay, under $10.

FCPEuro is also a good site for parts, everything they sell has a lifetime warranty on the parts so I got my brakes there. Haven't worn out yet, but it'd be worth it for the rotors and pads. Part prices are about 2-3x American/Japanese parts, but aftermarket can be reasonable. They do like to use a lot of Torx or external Torx bolts so you may need a few new tools. Certain things like struts there aren't any real aftermarket alternatives like quick struts so you're stuck with factory springs although there are aftermarket struts from Bilstein/Sachs and Sachs was OEM. Wagons tend to have rear airmatic for load leveling.

Back