Looking for Oil and OCI suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to a recent promotion, my commute/driving habits have changed. Car is a 2007 Mazda3 2.3l, atx.
Commute to/from is 18 miles each way, moderate speed with some stop lights. Not city driving, not highway, kind of in the middle. However, I am sometimes foreced to leave one branch and head to another and then back. The other location is about 5 miles each way at speeds of 45-50. I might have to go back and forth a few times a day, depending on the day.

I thought about using Amsoil ASM and keeping my changes to no more than 7.5k, which would be about ever 4-5 months for a change. Thoughts?

I also thought about PP, changing every 5-6k.

Lastly, maybe I should just stick with YB at 4k intervals?

I want to car to lead a very happy and long life...just like we all do!

Thanks

I would definitely go with Schaeffer oil.
Its going to give you a noticeable difference.
Your going to gain horsepower and MPG.
You can also change your oil every 9000 miles!
Its going to out perform amsoil and it cost less.

I would run clearance QS Torquepower or QS Horsepower (w/rebate) to 6-7K and call it a day.

Originally Posted By: MolyAdvantage
...Its going to give you a noticeable difference.
Your going to gain horsepower and MPG...

No oil is going to give you a noticeable difference in HP.

Originally Posted By: BTLew81

I thought about using Amsoil ASM and keeping my changes to no more than 7.5k, which would be about ever 4-5 months for a change. Thoughts?

Nothing wrong with this. Think of 8-10K miles as well.

Mazda 2.3s NA are pretty easy on oil as I recall.
It really depends on if you want to run synthetics or not.

If not, YB every 5k will make your Mazda last longer than you want it to.

If you are more preferential to synthetics, any name brand synthetic (M1, PP, Synpower, etc) will take you easily to 7.5k, more realistically closer to 10k. You could chose this option and just change every 6 months, which will net you right in the middle.

If you feel like popping for ASM, its stout enough to run 10-15k with proper filtration. This plus EAo filter should make it the whole year.

Originally Posted By: MolyAdvantage
I would definitely go with Schaeffer oil.
Its going to give you a noticeable difference.
Your going to gain horsepower and MPG.
You can also change your oil every 9000 miles!
Its going to out perform amsoil and it cost less.

Now back to our regular scheduled programming...
smirk2.gif

Just follow the manual for OCI and the QS you are running is an excellent oil.

I'd wait for extended OCI after your warranty is over.

Originally Posted By: sparkplug
Any brand conventional would be fine.

I agree. Don't waste your money like I did and purchase an expensive oil that felt like quicksand in my engine when I drove it today. Go with a good Dino and enjoy. Havoline DS 5w30 is a nice light 30 weight.

Last edited:
Whatever is on sale and change it 4-5k. If you're tired of doing oil changes like I am, run a synthetic up to 7-8k.

Split the difference, go for Motorcraft blend 5w-20 and go 5 to 6k easily. Proven oil always ran great in my 2.3L (06 ford fusion). If I could get it up here for the price you guys do down there I would run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back