Looking for input on today's top tier spin on filters

I am looking for input on what spin-on oil filters are currently considered top tier based on my criteria below ranked in order of preference (I am not asking for the best because I know where that question will get me in this forum LOL!). I am just trying to put together a list of what people think are top tier and I will decide from there. Yes, I have been lurking here for years and have kept up on the filter thread but I am having a hard time keeping up with the changes in the industry, which is driving this post and my question. I also frequent the manufacturer sites but I don't always trust what I read there as updated or accurate.
  1. filtration efficiency - higher percentages at the lower micron levels
  2. overall design - looking for things like silicone ADBVs and metal end caps
  3. integrity and performance - based on any that have been cut open
  4. availability - easy to get in the USA
  5. cost - I'm willing to pay to get the other criteria
I have an '09 GM 2500HD with the 6.0L V8 gas engine and I change my oil about every 5k.

Disclaimers:
  • I know that I may not need a top tier filter based on my application and interval and that's OK with me ;).
  • I know that I am going to get responses that are opinions. That's what I am looking for...opinions on the best filters out there today.
Thanks in advance Guys!

Please keep the responses constructive (y)!
You will read everything under the Sun about oil filters and won't be any closer to making a decision. Almost anything you use will be satisfactory if you change the oil and air filter per OEM recommendations.

I have come to the conclusion that almost any filter changed at a reasonable interval will never be an issue and it does not matter what filter is used.

When I finally do have to buy some filters (I have quite a stash still of filters), it will either be Supertech (the cheap ones) or the original orange can Fram (I will not use a combo valve ST filter, like the ST2, so those will be Fram).
Either of these filters will last the oil change intervals I do (rarely over 5,000 miles), and filtration is good enough for an engine to last 300,000+ miles.

The only exception will be my wife's Santa Fe, and that is because the OEM cartridge filter is cheaper than any aftermarket filter.

For the OP, if you are only doing 5,000 mile intervals, a "top tier" filter is going to waste.

I have come to the conclusion that almost any filter changed at a reasonable interval will never be an issue and it does not matter what filter is used.

When I finally do have to buy some filters (I have quite a stash still of filters), it will either be Supertech (the cheap ones) or the original orange can Fram (I will not use a combo valve ST filter, like the ST2, so those will be Fram).
Either of these filters will last the oil change intervals I do (rarely over 5,000 miles), and filtration is good enough for an engine to last 300,000+ miles.

The only exception will be my wife's Santa Fe, and that is because the OEM cartridge filter is cheaper than any aftermarket filter.

For the OP, if you are only doing 5,000 mile intervals, a "top tier" filter is going to waste.
Cool.

Thanks to all that contributed! I really appreciate the input and productive discussion about filters that align with my criteria. (y) (y) (y)

They don't seem to show any problems lately ... early eCore center tubes had some issues many years ago. I wouldn't be too concerned about eCores these day.
I used to think E-Cores sucked since they were plastic and looked cheap, then I bought a BMW which essentially has an E-Core cage in the oil filter housing cap and a replaceable cartridge filter and it has held up well. 🤓

Back