Looking for glue for iphone screen

I have an iphone se 2020. I recently replaced the battery and even after replacing the screen double sided adhesive strip i get water in the phone. I have had my phone for 1.5 years and i like to use it in the shower. I also wash it in the shower. I never had any issues before replacing the battery. I know you may say well just dont wash your phone but that doesnt cut it. This phone is supposed to be water resistant and i like to use it in the rain and i dont want to worry if i drop it in a puddle. So now that the screen tape isnt cutting it what is a good adhesive to use to make the phone water tight again?

You can't glue it; it will never be repairable again.

If this is a genuine issue, get the proper two-sided adhesive and do it again. You either got poor quality tape strips, contaminated them, or opened/resealed them. They are a little finicky. Also, I don't believe they guarantee water-tight integrity after opening. You may have to learn to just not water your phone. It's not hard. Apple specifically warns against showering and bathing with the phones and says they aren't good for that.

These models have a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes):
  • iPhone SE (2nd generation)
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone 7
  • iPhone 7 Plus
spacer.png

Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Liquid damage is not covered under warranty, but you might have rights under consumer law.
iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR are resistant to accidental spills from common liquids, such as soda, beer, coffee, tea, and juice. In the event of a spill, rinse the affected area with tap water, then wipe your iPhone off and dry it.
To prevent liquid damage, avoid these:
  • Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
  • Exposing your iPhone to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
  • Using your iPhone in a sauna or steam room
  • Intentionally submerging your iPhone in water

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT2...nt liquid damage, avoid,a sauna or steam room

Well, you are done for. Apple has a detecting strip inside the phone. If it gets moisture then all bets are off.

If you are listening to music then buy a Bluetooth speaker for the shower.

Well, you are done for. Apple has a detecting strip inside the phone. If it gets moisture then all bets are off.

If you are listening to music then buy a Bluetooth speaker for the shower.
I dont have applecare or any warranty. I know about the water activated stickers that turn red. Im just looking for an adhesive. I know e6000 is very popular.

Are you looking for this?

Edit - and their directions on how to properly do it

Are you looking for this?

Edit - and their directions on how to properly do it
Actually when i replaced my battery i used the ifixit kit and it came with the adhesive. It fit very well but it didnt stick as good as the original apple adhesive. I applies a good deal of pressure when installing as a lot of these adhesive strips are pressure bonded.

Actually when i replaced my battery i used the ifixit kit and it came with the adhesive. It fit very well but it didnt stick as good as the original apple adhesive. I applies a good deal of pressure when installing as a lot of these adhesive strips are pressure bonded.
Did you make sure to scrape off all the OEM adhesive and weigh down the phone with a few books or other heavy objects? I used an Amazon Chineseium adhesive stencil on an iPhone 7 when I needed to reseat the Taptic Engine. It worked fine.

Apple now has a “self-service” program, not sure if the 2020 iPhone SE qualifies. It’s just the iPhone 12/13/14 for now.

Did you make sure to scrape off all the OEM adhesive and weigh down the phone with a few books or other heavy objects? I used an Amazon Chineseium adhesive stencil on an iPhone 7 when I needed to reseat the Taptic Engine. It worked fine.

Apple now has a “self-service” program, not sure if the 2020 iPhone SE qualifies. It’s just the iPhone 12/13/14 for now.
They had the iPhone 2020 under the self service until the 2022 se came out and now they no longer have it under service 🙁

I once joked that my HOA doesn’t permit tattoos but showering with your phone takes humor to a different level. I gotta work on my material. 🚿

I have an iphone se 2020. I recently replaced the battery and even after replacing the screen double sided adhesive strip i get water in the phone. I have had my phone for 1.5 years and i like to use it in the shower. I also wash it in the shower. I never had any issues before replacing the battery. I know you may say well just dont wash your phone but that doesnt cut it. This phone is supposed to be water resistant and i like to use it in the rain and i dont want to worry if i drop it in a puddle. So now that the screen tape isnt cutting it what is a good adhesive to use to make the phone water tight again?
Are you a fish? LOL

For all the bleating advocacy that iFIxit puts forth about right-to-repair, and how tool/materials sales support their efforts business, one might hope that the products they just happen to conveniently offer to the fraction of users who attempt to DIY would provide better results, when used properly.

If that is the case, then you should file a beef with them, and ask them send you another. If it, too, fails, then you'll know they're selling substandard replacement parts.

Not saying you did, or didn't, properly do the job, or single anyone out in particular, but it does serve as a reminder that DIY, especially of small, dense, and delicately-constucted sealed devices, doesn't quite realistically jibe with the utopian vision that R2R advocates shout about, that everything should, and can be, end user serviceable.

An additional irony is that some of those who argue so vehemently for the cause expose themelves to have never picked a tool, or fixed anything in their life, and don't see it as anything as a black/white issue.

For all the bleating advocacy that iFIxit puts forth about right-to-repair, and how tool/materials sales support their efforts business, one might hope that the products they just happen to conveniently offer to the fraction of users who attempt to DIY would provide better results, when used properly.

If that is the case, then you should file a beef with them, and ask them send you another. If it, too, fails, then you'll know they're selling substandard replacement parts.

Not saying you did, or didn't, properly do the job, or single anyone out in particular, but it does serve as a reminder that DIY, especially of small, dense, and delicately-constucted sealed devices, doesn't quite realistically jibe with the utopian vision that R2R advocates shout about, that everything should, and can be, end user serviceable.

An additional irony is that some of those who argue so vehemently for the cause expose themelves to have never picked a tool, or fixed anything in their life, and don't see it as anything as a black/white issue.
They do explicitly say “Replacing the adhesive is not guaranteed to restore the water and dust resistance of your device.”

They do explicitly say “Replacing the adhesive is not guaranteed to restore the water and dust resistance of your device.”

That's true, and even Apple won't guarantee the water resistance on phones they have repaired, but the OP stated that the iFixit gaket didn't stick as well as the OE gasket.

It can't hurt to ask. But the real solution would be to acknowledge that water resistant doesn't mean water proof, all bets are off once cracked open, and avoid usage habits that may expose that risk.

That's true, and even Apple won't guarantee the water resistance on phones they have repaired, but the OP stated that the iFixit gaket didn't stick as well as the OE gasket.

It can't hurt to ask. But the real solution would be to acknowledge that water resistant doesn't mean water proof, all bets are off once cracked open, and avoid usage habits that may expose that risk.
Yes true. I guess I’ll try the e6000 adhesive and see how that does. I’m not expecting water proof. I just know how my phone was for 1.5 years of the same use until i changed the battery. Never had any water intrusion until the battery change. When i removed the screen again the ifixit adhesive came up very easily. The original adhesive was stuck extremely well.

I hope you understand - if you use that adhesive, the phone is bricked if any small or replaceable part goes - ear speaker, battery, microphone. What would otherwise be a DIY $20 repair is now not an option and you need a new phone - you can't open it again to do any repair or expected maintenance (battery, etc.).

There are a lot of other things you can use in the shower to amuse yourself instead:

- FM Radio
- A wife
- Rubber ducks
- Lava Lamps

Ton of other good options besides trashing the phone.

I hope you understand - if you use that adhesive, the phone is bricked if any small or replaceable part goes - ear speaker, battery, microphone. What would otherwise be a DIY $20 repair is now not an option and you need a new phone - you can't open it again to do any repair or expected maintenance (battery, etc.).

There are a lot of other things you can use in the shower to amuse yourself instead:

- FM Radio
- A wife
- Rubber ducks
- Lava Lamps

Ton of other good options besides trashing the phone.
Just to clarify, we aren’t using the lava lamp IN the shower right? 🤣

I still can’t wrap my mind around WASHING it in the shower. I just use a baby wipe or windex, at most a dry tooth brush to get the fuzz out of the speaker dots and charge port.

Back