Looking for a new string trimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AMC
Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
Originally Posted By: AMC
I am happy with my Echo SRM-225. I also have a husqvarna 128LD but I like the Echo much better.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-2-Cycle-21-2cc-Straight-Shaft-Gas-Trimmer-SRM-225/100675439

That is the Echo I bought at Home Depot 15 years ago half price since it was a end of season return. It served me well. Used on rural property of about 3 acres and sometimes I would trim an embankment hours at a time. It was light and well balanced. It was one of the best pieces of power equipment I ever used.

Impressive. The reviews on the home depot website speak for themselves as far as the new ones are concerned. There are over 3,400 reviews on the SRM-225, 2700 hundred of them are 5 star and another 515 are 4 star.... That alone says a lot.

I have the PAS-225. Same trimmer but it's the version that accepts attachments. Awesome trimmer, definitely gets 5 stars from me.

I made a post about it here:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4171463/Echo_PAS-225_Trimmer#Post4171463

After many years buying many brands. I settled on S tihl years ago. IMHO they make the best stuff in the U.S. I have a leaf blower, chain saw and string trimmer. Costs a few bucks more. But worth it.

I bought the Echo SRM-225. I love it. Super torquie. Well balanced and comfortable. Starts easy BUT it uses 14 ounces of fuel every 45 minutes. Is that normal for this Echo? It is not fuel efficient. It won't break the bank though.

Originally Posted By: Syntheticuser
I bought the Echo SRM-225. I love it. Super torquie. Well balanced and comfortable. Starts easy BUT it uses 14 ounces of fuel every 45 minutes. Is that normal for this Echo? It is not fuel efficient. It won't break the bank though.

Seems high, but as you said..............

What do you guys think of the Husky 223L? I gots to get me a new trimmer, more for acreage use. No 4 strokes as they get heavy fast. I usually can cut at least an hour. Sorry to hijack..

Originally Posted By: Syntheticuser

That sounds pretty normal to me, mine does about the same, maybe 50-55 minutes. Yours may get better once it is broken in also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back