Looking for a good tile grout cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning on cleaning the grout on our tile floors and need a recommendation for a good cleaner to use. My method will be the old hands and knees approach with a scrub brush. Recommendations?

Are you really sure you want to do this? It is horrible work. I was going to do it like you and I gave up in a day. I hired a grout cleaning Co. that used a special steam machine and it worked excellently....worth every penny. I sealed it after and it is still beautiful.

Any cleaner used by hand on the grout will soak into and under your tile! NOT a good idea.

Hire a pro. And whatever you do don't let them paint the grout joints!

Well ....... you all have convinced me to leave this to a pro. We have a local Chem-Dry franchise that offers this service and know the owner well. I think we'll use him.

Thanks all!

In our old bathroom, we used "exitmold", and discovered that it should be named "exitgrout".

On our new bathroom, we use a "green" shower cleaner, and is mold develops over winter, a shot of "Glen 20" in the mornig, and a showr in the evening kills the bugs and they wash off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back