Looking for a good concrete cleaner for my driveway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple_Se7en

$50 Site Donor 2024
Got a new driveway last summer and decided to put a magnetic oil drain plug on the Kia. Guess what? - it leaked and I have several quarter-sized black spots. Never used crushed washers before and I'm blaming myself for not crushing the washer enough.

Well it's been at least a month and now the stains have set-in to the new pure white driveway. I need to turn dark brown into white again and Tide and Palmolive dish detergent just did OK, leaving slightly lighter stains.

BTW.... the copper crush washers the dealer sells seem really thick. I don't want to force that much torque on the drain bolt, to crush the copper washer. I bought thinner aluminum washers at Autozone. I also bought a package of American Grease Stick Oil Drain Plug Sealant. I like magnetic oil drain plugs and don't want to reinstall the non-magnetic OEM drain plug again. That one did not leak.
Oil Drain Plug Sealant

TSP it's still available, both on the shelf, in cleaning products, in your food especially shrimp and those scallops known as wet scallops.

Kitty Litter the spots and really grind it in. Sweep it up and follow up with some Dawn dish soap or laundry soap. Scrub the oil spots with the soap and let it sit for a few minutes. Hose it off and it should be a lot better. I tried harsh chemicals before and they changed the color of the driveway.

Take a look at the Toyota crush washers. Toyota plugs are 14mm and their crush washers may fit your drain plug. They seal up very well without a ton of torque.

[Linked Image]

If not giant spots, I've used brake cleaner in the aerosol can. It's cheap and really cuts through the grease.
Been a while but I think I just hit it with that soaking the spot good and then used a stiff brush or broom scrubbing at it while hitting it with hose water.
Was fast and simple without a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back