Looking for a funnel that fits engine oil dipstick tube

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
Saturn 1.9 valve cover has stupid baffle system covering the oil fill hole and I decided from now on fill it through the dipstick tube.

TIA

Select the diameter of clear plastic tubing which will fit into the dipstick tube. Cut the length you need.
Boil it in water and stretch it over the end of a funnel. It'll hug the funnel.
This is how I reached the transmission dipstick tube in my car.

I've tried the hose thing and it's a pain. Never quite fits. I just shove a nozzle on the end of the funnel. Fits all sizes of dipstick tubes and no mess afterwards with the hose.

IMG_4173.JPG

Filling the cooling system in the Lexus through the little hole in the throttle body and waiting for it drain into the engine takes forever unless one doesn't care about cleanliness. I made this (temporarily replaces the fill plug) to make the job easier; instead of waiting for every 10ml trickle to enter the engine, I can fill the funnel with 230ml at a time.

20211118_175842_cropped.jpg

:ROFLMAO: I know. Don't laugh. It works.

The VC also has a baffle but it doesn't hamper oil fill.

Saturn 1.9 DOHC baffles are the worst, very slow flow. I have performed oil top offs through the dipstick tube and it flows faster than through the oil fill hole. There are many members on this site that have had this experience to confirm.

BYW this is a '99 model, lots of time to gum up the works. When I change the oil, the car will smoke for a few miles I figure it has something to do with the baffle.

Ya know, my wife has(had) items in the kitchen that are now in my toolbox/garage. 🤫
Of course, she has since replaced those items. 😇

Filling the cooling system in the Lexus through the little hole in the throttle body and waiting for it drain into the engine takes forever unless one doesn't care about cleanliness. I made this (temporarily replaces the fill plug) to make the job easier; instead of waiting for every 10ml trickle to enter the engine, I can fill the funnel with 230ml at a time.

View attachment 93680
:ROFLMAO: I know. Don't laugh. It works.

Wait, the throttle body as a cooling system fill point? AFAIK, there’s a fill plug on the upper water outlet where the upper radiator hose attaches. I use a yellow funnel to fill that up. That’s on the 1990-1997 1UZ-FEs. I think the 2JZ-FEs and the Camry-based cars fill via the rad neck.

Wait, the throttle body as a cooling system fill point? AFAIK, there’s a fill plug on the upper water outlet where the upper radiator hose attaches. I use a yellow funnel to fill that up. That’s on the 1990-1997 1UZ-FEs. I think the 2JZ-FEs and the Camry-based cars fill via the rad neck.
This is how/where you're supposed to fill the cooling system ('98 1UZ-FE w/VVTi). You need to leave the reservoir cap off while filling at the throttle body. Filling the reservoir is more a top-off step. Filling at the throttle body will back-fill the reservoir.

CO-2 Coolant - Replacement_Page_1.jpg
CO-2 Coolant - Replacement_Page_2.jpg

A radiator hose inline filler cap is the solution to this kind of problem. I installed one of these on my Sienna. Problem solved.

1648645485694.jpg

Back