Looking for a drone...........Christmas present

My wife is tired of the "I don't want anything" statements from me. She said what do you want??

The only material thing that springs to mind is a drone.

Not TOO expensive (Under $500???)

Serious not a toy, for my property, fence lines, wildlife, roof inspection, etc

Hook to PC and iPhone for video.

Etc

Suggestions?

Hi, Pablo ... a very good friend has a drone that he's been using for years for similar purposes. I'll ask him today. One issue he had was the camera. He had to upgrade once or twice, and one of the GoPros he used was, I believe, a disappointment.

Pushing the budget just a hair, but it looks like the DJI Mavic Mini 2 fly more combo has a US MSRP of $599. I have one personally, and it's great for the price, and also gets you under the 250g regulation threshold.

The Autel Evo Nano is in the same general price range, and is interesting. I don't have personal experience with it, but generally speaking, Autel's drones are less locked down than DJI with respect to geofencing and altitude restrictions.

I have far more hours flying the Inspire 2 and Matrice M300 than I do the smaller stuff, so I would certainly recommend doing a bit of your own research to make sure something fits your wants/needs.

Saw a nice one at Best Buy.......a tad over $2K, they wouldn't let me test fly it (n)

You could see if the Chinese have a spare DJI drone they'll give you. A recent online story claims (notice I said "claims") their drones are flying all over restricted airspace over Washington, DC. :LOL:

Last edited:
Are you thinking something like from Altair?
Wife got me the dagger.

All set up.

Bugger at first - but got the hang of it. Sorta. Just going slow and easy.

GPS signal seemingly strong at 11. Up nicely over neighbor's field now. Let's try the GPS RTH.

HOLY POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZIIILLLEE takes off WFO - DUE WEST. THEN HARD RIGHT FULL STEAM DUE NORTH AND WHAAAAACK hard into a tall tree. Crash and down.

Not sure what happened. Still works. Props messed up.....a bit

+1 for this deal
Yes...the DJI Mini 2 is a great drone for the money...no FAA license required

Camera is amazing for the money...4K video too

Buy direct from DJI or.......Crutchfield........Costco

pic......DJI Mini 2

UNHC00b.jpg

Have you ever dealt with this company.

I'm going to tread softly here: THEY SUCK. No support at all. Complaint? They just ignore you.
I did not have any issue with them. So no reason to really interact with them. My 10 y/o has enjoyed his drone quite a lot without issue. Sorry you are having issues. I feel bad for mentioning someone that has worked poorly for you.

I did not have any issue with them. So no reason to really interact with them. My 10 y/o has enjoyed his drone quite a lot without issue. Sorry you are having issues. I feel bad for mentioning someone that has worked poorly for you.
No worries. I would never hold that against you, no need to feel carpy.

Generally - it flies fine and it's a solid unit. As soon as I hit the return button all hell breaks loose. I'm not about to do it a 3rd time. The manual even says you can hit the button again to cancel, but at this point the drone is not responding to any commands. Maybe it's my location and near by terrain. But they won't even work with me.

I assume his RTH button works, no issues?

Back