Looking At A Chevrolet Trax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Where's it built?

Worldwide, its built in three plants: China, South Korea and Mexico. I suspect most US vehicles are sourced from Mexico.

Originally Posted By: Danh
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Where's it built?

Worldwide, its built in three plants: China, South Korea and Mexico. I suspect most US vehicles are sourced from Mexico.

That would be a non starter for me.

Looks cute but I'd take a mt Cruze with the 1.4 turbo over this.

I own a 2015 AWD Trax built in Korea. Just under 30,000 trouble free miles on it. Dealer did the first 4 oil changes at N/C, I just did my first one, easy to get to cartridge filter. I put on a set of studded snows for the winter and it is very surefooted and confidence inspiring. Never got worse than 28mpg, best tank is 32mpg.

My complaints, the wipers don't flip up and stay there. Fog lights and cruise control only available with higher level option package. My wife drives it in the city mostly, didn't care about the cruise control, I'm adding fog lights.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sciphi
Not a bad little Sonic hatch on stilts. The 1.4T will feel underpowered in that application.

Good assumption but I assure you it is not. The A/T is amazing in shift points and feel. It climbs Eisenhower and Vail Pass at 75 all day long. Can merge onto I-25 or I-70 with no problems like most cars can now a-days.

I can get in and out of it easier than the Cruze, and its more comfortable to drive. The things got plenty of power. I have it at my disposal until Wednesday.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I thought you were young? You should be able to get in and out of a Miata fine.

What makes you think he is young if he isn't in any of the photos ?

Originally Posted By: c502cid
Originally Posted By: sciphi
Not a bad little Sonic hatch on stilts. The 1.4T will feel underpowered in that application.

Good assumption but I assure you it is not. The A/T is amazing in shift points and feel. It climbs Eisenhower and Vail Pass at 75 all day long. Can merge onto I-25 or I-70 with no problems like most cars can now a-days.

I have the same engine under the hood of my Cruze. It's a nice little engine, just a bit of a slug at times. Like getting off the line during the summertime with the A/C on, and when there's a stiff headwind. 87 octane fuel doesn't help matters much. I run premium in the summer which helps a lot with the gutlessness caused by the A/C and warm temperatures.

GM has improved the shift programming of the automatic. When I bought my 1.4T/manual transmission Cruze in 2011, the AT was a mess. It would needlessly redline the engine, which put it out of its powerband. Around town it couldn't decide what gear it wanted to be in. The 2014 Cruze rental I had for a few days was much better behaved, and likely by 2017 it's been refined more.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I thought you were young? You should be able to get in and out of a Miata fine.

What makes you think he is young if he isn't in any of the photos ?
He's posted a picture of himself before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back