Looking at a 2018-19 Honda Odyssey to buy?

Lots of good comments here. have you driven the 3 options, ody, yota and pacifica? I had two gen IV grand caravans…. It was hard to beat the king. Later had a gen 5-6 rental with the Pentastar and it was a Great minivan, with roll down windows in the sliding doors, actually fun to drive, very cool interior lighting and freakishly good mpg.

when we were married, my wife brought an 01 ody into the marriage. It was a good vehicle by all rights but had recurrent sliding door issues and a couple of repeat AC repairs. It was also noisy on the highway, but a very, very solid chassis which saved my familys life when it was t-boned hard by a Durango. Honda got the safety right;I watched as it happened.

i suggest you sit in them and drive them. Note the seat comfort, steering wheel position, and picture a 9 hour drive in the thing. Note that gen IV Chrysler’s had a steering wheel off-center from the seat, which BUGGED ME. You will, after all, be spending time in it.

the hydraulic tensioners do go bad, sometimes prior to the interval, however
You mean always? I have yet to see one that doesn’t look like this after 90K.
B41D3CB5-95FF-46E2-8A52-A6A6C6AE6FE3.jpeg

Thanks everyone.
We are test driving the sienna, pacifica, and new carnival.......
We will prob wait though as used cars are stupid expensive and dealers are not budging on price as they are walking out the door ever 2-3 days.
Crazy market.

Thanks everyone.
We are test driving the sienna, pacifica, and new carnival.......
We will prob wait though as used cars are stupid expensive and dealers are not budging on price as they are walking out the door ever 2-3 days.
Crazy market.
One Odyssey we were looking at was a 2019 Touring for 37k. We kinda drug our feet cuz it’s 3hr away but the dealer raised the price to 40k. I emailed today and asked about the 37k price and got told “the price is what the price is.” Lol

Gtfoh

One Odyssey we were looking at was a 2019 Touring for 37k. We kinda drug our feet cuz it’s 3hr away but the dealer raised the price to 40k. I emailed today and asked about the 37k price and got told “the price is what the price is.” Lol

Gtfoh
Ya that's the market.
Crazy....we will wait it out a year or two.
It will come back down

Wew. Dealer in FL gave us a good deal so we flew down today to look at a 2019 Elite. Got there and it was like they didn’t even clean or detail it and some scuffs/scratches that weren’t disclosed prior. They had the salesman out at 4pm scrubbing the interior and exterior for an hour. Lol. And they took an extra $1k off without us even asking as an apology for not having it ready to go. So even better. Yisssss.

Gtfoh
That salesdouche was totally trying to rip you off. Hope it sits there till it rots.

God I hope not. Nothing makes me more angry than to see people getting taken advantage of.
It is called market pricing. Dealers are watching the situation carefully and maximizing their profits by increasing prices if the market supports it. That is not taking advantage of a customer.

Taking advantage, IMO, would be to misrepresent a situation and/or sell bogus items.

One dealer in Wisc added $800 in Xpel window film, $299 key replacement, and $399 Shadow Mark on top of everything. Lol no.
Dealer in Florida had no dealer fees. Price was vehicle and tax. It was nice.
When I was shopping for 3/4 ton trucks this week, every Ford dealer within 100 miles wanted $6k over MSRP on inbound units. Many of the FCA dealers were at sticker. The team that I bought my 1500 from offered $3k off, but added a mandatory $295 VIN etch add-on. We allowed them to keep the add-on in exchange for a full tank of fuel.

It is called market pricing. Dealers are watching the situation carefully and maximizing their profits by increasing prices if the market supports it. That is not taking advantage of a customer.

Taking advantage, IMO, would be to misrepresent a situation and/or sell bogus items.
I feel they tried to take advantage of tyman by trying to squeeze an extra 3K out of him.

Yeah I wasn’t too upset over it because of market changes but don’t be a douche in email or offer like 50/50 of the difference to entice a sale. At 38.5k, we’d have driven up to look at it at least. For 40k and his attitude, he can get fukt.

Yeah I wasn’t too upset over it because of market changes but don’t be a douche in email or offer like 50/50 of the difference to entice a sale. At 38.5k, we’d have driven up to look at it at least. For 40k and his attitude, he can get fukt.
I mean, a sale matters but a $3k difference is a lot more front end gross for the salesperson.

Back