Looking @ a 2006 TSX w/ manual 6-speed. Won't shift into 2nd, 4th, or 6th

I'm looking @ a 2006 TSX w/ manual 6-speed. It won't shift into 2nd, 4th, or 6th, but will into 1st, 3rd & 5th, and runs fine otherwise.

Is this likely a shifter cable adjustment or replacement issue, or anything else not actually in the transmission?

I presume the gear pattern looks like this ?

1 3 5
2 4 6

If so, I could see how that could be cable-related. If it's that pattern, the odds of it being actually "gear" or synchro-related seems less likely. What about reverse ? And where is reverse ? If reverse works, I'm guessing it's "up" like 1, 3, 5.

What the condition of the cars undercarriage? Rusted out? Wonder if the cable is stuck obviously if you could fix it quick and easy they would want more money for it.

Did you check any Honda/Acura forums for tips? If you could get it for a song and fix it for cheap it would be a steal. Good luck.

This seems to be a common shift cable issue. One of the is for 2-4-6-R, have someone watch the cable movement under the hood while you shift it, use the defect to get a better price. A pair of new cables and a billet shift box to replace the plastic one are about $550 and a few hours labor.

Back