Lookin' out my back door (almost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
TOnight it was quite clear with a nice sunset... Being disapointed at not having my camera during one of the best sunsets Ive ever seen, back in late August, I decided to head down the street to snap a few pics...

Honestly, I was kind of disapointed, though this mainly has to do with y shooting and setting skills with an advanced SLR...

DSC_0371b.jpg

JMH

Nice! Philly's skyline has improved over the years. It used to be law that you weren't allowed to build any higher then W.Penn. A few more skyscrapers are going up also. Nice picture. Sky is awesome.

yeah, when that comcast one place goes up, itll supposedly be a lot taller than the rest...

At the same time, there is something nice about going to a city like DC, where everything is low compared to one or two key points, and being able to see around... Im torn.. growing up, my view was of NYC skyline from ~ 5 miles away. My favorite was always the trade tower with the large antenna on top.
tombstone.gif

JMH

That actually looks pretty nice, it is hard to record a really dramatic sunset on film or digital because the contrast range is too much. What your eye sees will be more vivid than what the film/CCD sees.

This looks good b/c the water still looks like water and not a gaping black hole.

There are about 10 minutes in the evening when natural and man made light complement each other and show up photographically. This is called the "magic hour" even if it's 1/6 the time.
smile.gif

Like Nautical Twilight, when you can see both the stars and the horizon through your sextant!

boat.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back