Looked at the 2022 Wrangler online today.

Yep! Although the Pentastar was designed to eventually accept DI, turbos, and other various technologies. Pretty stout little engines, and in current form do take boost very very well… one company claiming just a hair over 500 at the wheels with a twin turbo kit and mild boost!
I'll be following it closely on the Jeep Wrangler Forum.

I don't, that's the thing. Odds are very strong that if I keep it as long as my 88 E-150 it will my go to my son when I leave this world for greener pastures.
Understood.

Was there a significant change for 22 (besides DI) that peaked interest?

I always thought a lower tech diesel in an MT wrangler would be neat.

Totally unnecessary and awesome.

Neighbor Across the street has both a Hemi Grand Cherokee AND an RT challenger. Cool cars. Now if only it wasn’t his moms house and he wasn’t living there with his baby mama…. The modern MOPAR man.
don't forget the hoodlums with the hellcats, doing doughnuts in the middle of an intersection...

Understood.

Was there a significant change for 22 (besides DI) that peaked interest?

I always thought a lower tech diesel in an MT wrangler would be neat.
It's an itch I get every once in a while for something new, DI will make the itch stop faster this time. ;) LOL

I like the idea of a diesel with a stick too, but not the VM diesel they currently offer in some of their line up.

DI doesn't bother me, it's the first year of it on a Chrysler engine that does. :LOL: Say what you want about the Germans, but they seem to have the DI teething issues figured out. The VW/Audi 1.8T, BMW B48/58, etc seem to have the DI systems figured out and aren't as problematic where companies like Honda who are just starting to implement it are running into problems like fuel dilution.

Back