Looked at the 2022 Wrangler online today.

I was disappointed to see in an article DI finally made its way into the 3.6L engine. I knew it would be sooner or later, later would have been better for me though. Looks like I'll be holding my 2016 Wrangler for a few more years.
27.gif
A new 2021 is not in the cards right now.

I was disappointed to see in an article DI finally made its way into the 3.6L engine. I knew it would be sooner or later, later would have been better for me though. Looks like I'll be holding my 2016 Wrangler for a few more years.
27.gif
A new 2021 is not in the cards right now.
Before I clicked on the thread I knew it would be about some new scary technology that others can be the guinea pig for or the addition of DI.

I’ve asked before but I just can’t understand.

What is it with people and being hysterical about a car having DI?

So what? So the valves sometimes eventually might get some carbon buildup. AND? Get it cleaned if it makes your tummy tickle. Cheaper than a timing belt. And if it gives you an extra 1 mpg in the 150k miles it’ll take for you to possibly maybe perhaps address it, that means it saved you like $577 in gas.

I figured I'd get replies like these. LOL it's all good. First year for DI in the 3.6L. I'd rather pass. Oh and ask @Trav about DI injectors and the problems he sees with them.
I understand the first year implementation of a technology scaring folks off and i've read Trav's posts on the subject. But Bitog and youtube don't take up 50% each of my decision making. To each their own and we're just having fun with you as long time members with another.

I understand the first year implementation of a technology scaring folks off and i've read Trav's posts on the subject. But Bitog and youtube don't take up 50% each of my decision making. To each their own and we're just having fun with you as long time members with another.
Like I said it's all good. DI is here to stay, I just don't want to be an early adopter to find out if they got it right or not, I'll let other Bitogers do that. lol And like you said, "to each their own." ;)

I figured I'd get replies like these. LOL it's all good. First year for DI in the 3.6L. I'd rather pass. Oh and ask @Trav about DI injectors and the problems he sees with them.

When I purchased my ‘17 CX5 it had been 18 years since my last vehicle purchase. A lot changed in those 18 years. I don’t regret anything nor do I worry about things I cannot control.

New technology comes out every year. If you wait a year to see if problems arise another new technology will be on the next years model.

Random magazines and sites have been saying the Pentastar is getting DI since ~2014. They also said the 3.6 would be getting turbo(s) and the 5.7 was going away for a turbo straight 6.

Random magazines and sites have been saying the Pentastar is getting DI since ~2014. They also said the 3.6 would be getting turbo(s) and the 5.7 was going away for a turbo straight 6.
So there's still hope for no DI? ;) I see the HP and torque remained exactly the same..........

Like I said it's all good. DI is here to stay, I just don't want to be an early adopter to find out if they got it right or not, I'll let other Bitogers do that. lol And like you said, "to each their own." ;)
Thing is, if you were only going to keep a vehicle for five years before trading, it wouldn’t much matter anyway.

Thing is, if you were only going to keep a vehicle for five years before trading, it wouldn’t much matter anyway.

With used car values the last decade, why would you keep a car for longer than 5 years? You can trade a vehicle with 100k miles for 50% of what it cost new. I'll happily take the first 50%.

I don't, that's the thing. Odds are very strong that if I keep it as long as my 88 E-150 it will my go to my son when I leave this world for greener pastures.

So there's still hope for no DI? ;) I see the HP and torque remained exactly the same..........
Yep! Although the Pentastar was designed to eventually accept DI, turbos, and other various technologies. Pretty stout little engines, and in current form do take boost very very well… one company claiming just a hair over 500 at the wheels with a twin turbo kit and mild boost!

Back