Look what followed me home. Can I keep it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1962 Peterbilt 351. 280 Cummins, 5x3 trans, unknown rear ratio as of now but it'l do 70+_ MPH. needs alot of TLC but is pretty much complete.
 -

Chris, that's great!

Before I got crashed and burned by Guillian-Barre/CIDP,
crushedcar.gif
I was going to find the biggest and baddest old road tractor with a V12 Detroit or Caterpillar, and put a pick up box and customise it accordingly for my pickup truck! Loud exhausts and lots of lights, too! MAN...
burnout.gif
burnout.gif
burnout.gif
burnout.gif
burnout.gif
burnout.gif
, six-wheeler!!!

What are your plans for the ol'girl?
patriot.gif

Hauling building supplies from Los Angelas to Vegas. Instead of going in debt up to my ears with new purty stuff I will own the thing instead of having a $2000 a month payment.

Ought to be fun listening to them talking about me on the CB too.

Couldn't you have found something more of a vintage classic ..like Diamond Rio or AutoCar ...B series Mack
grin.gif

Looks like a fun project.

That baby'll get the groceries home from Costco.

Although, I must say that I'm surprised you didn't post any pictures of the oil filter...given the emphasis of this site.

I'd like to have a look! (and a few shots of the motor ... would be nice
smile.gif
)

"Although, I must say that I'm surprised you didn't post any pictures of the oil filter...given the emphasis of this site.

I'd like to have a look! (and a few shots of the motor ... would be nice"

That big round chrome thing on the drivers side contains the oil filter. I have a new one. It's a huge Wix and only cost $10.

Let me see if I can do up some inside pics. It's pretty ratty, no carpet, torn seats etc.

-

"Must be a mid/late 70's 280 because of the turbo."

Actully it's a matching #'s truck! The engine is the original from 62 and the #'s on the block match the ones on the build sheet.

HI Chris, How's the Ol'Pete running? Done any minor restoration on anything?

What OIL are you using in the Cummins? How's she behaving in general? Hope she's getting the job done for you.

Good Luck...
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back