Look at 1st answer...is he one of us???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answer by Mark-F is my stand on it!

Quote:

I've been working in the repair industry for 6 years but have been around cars and tinkering with them for most of my 39 years. I have come to the conclusion that changing the oil regularly is orders-of-magnitude more important than what brand you use. I've certainly seen plenty of cars surpass 300k miles using just the cheap oil brands to conclude there is no sense in paying for some big companies advertising budget.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Best answer by Mark-F is my stand on it!

Quote:

I've been working in the repair industry for 6 years but have been around cars and tinkering with them for most of my 39 years. I have come to the conclusion that changing the oil regularly is orders-of-magnitude more important than what brand you use. I've certainly seen plenty of cars surpass 300k miles using just the cheap oil brands to conclude there is no sense in paying for some big companies advertising budget.

I agree the first response to the OP was the best one that mimicked a BITOGER. #4 was a close 2nd but #1 nails it on the head.

The OP sounds like the typical new to the oil seen BITOG forum user(we were all there once).

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Actually the 4th answer sounds like a lot of BITOGers.

Ever get something stuck in your mind that you know is wrong, but can't seem to correct it? Everytime I see "BITOGers" I think "boogers!" I wonder....
grin2.gif
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: SHAMUS
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Actually the 4th answer sounds like a lot of BITOGers.

Ever get something stuck in your mind that you know is wrong, but can't seem to correct it? Everytime I see "BITOGers" I think "boogers!" I wonder....
grin2.gif
banana2.gif

LOL, I do the same thing.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I used to post some answers on there. It's amazing how uninformed/misinformed some people are!
You mean you can't trust everything you read on the internet? Guess I can sell my fall-out shelter because the world isn't coming to an end!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I hardly call QS or Havoline a "generic" oil like #3 did.

Yeah, what's up with that? I've never really seen a truly "generic" oil. Any of you guys ever see a white bottle with a label in black that just says "OIL"?
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back