Not open for further replies.
LongWood Gardens:

-

-

-

Michael Wan posting for Buster

Thanks Michael, appreciate it.
cheers.gif

These Photos were taken with a Canon SD200 3.2mpxl. My wife and I, brother and his girl friend took my mom their this past Saturday for mother's day. Very nice place.

[ May 10, 2005, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

buster,

Very nice...where are these gardens?...I lived in New Jersey twice (was at McGuire AFB) and don't remember hearing about them.

They are in Chadd's Ford, Pennsylvania. I live about 30 minutes from their on the NJ side. It's really a nice place. One of Dupont's estates is part of the gardens. If your in the area, I highly recommend it.
cheers.gif

I've been there many times in my younger years. The place is intoxicating!! The conservatory is just awesome. Those Dupont royalty really knew how to build an estate.

I'm seriously blown away by the bottom photo of the white tulips. I'm not a camera expert, but to those that take pictures, is that a good photo? The clarity of this camera is excllent.

[ May 10, 2005, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
I'm seriously blow away by the bottom photo of the white tulips. I'm no camera expert, but to those that take pictures, is that a good photo? The clarity of this camera is excllent.

yes, it is a good pic. it is one of those shots that breaks the primary rule of traditional photography: the sun isn't behind the shooter. See how the light seems to come thru the flowers? That and the superb effect it gives comes from shooting slightly into the sun. A polarizer may have been used as well, the sky is fabulously well saturated, but that's also a common digital artifact (slight polarization).

Here's a hint, tho...it's not the camera, it's the photographer. Buster done good. real good.

quote:

Originally posted by kenw:

Here's a hint, tho...it's not the camera, it's the photographer. Buster done good. real good.

You beat me to it and said it more eloquently. That picture was worth of a good long look.

Thanks for the compliment. I got lucky with that one. I actually blew it up to a 5 X 7 and framed it. I don't think I can go much larger without decreasing the image quality. Camera is only 3.2 mpxls.

Buster, I took my 2.1 images up to 8x10 quite often with no problems. I have excellent results at good ol' Walmart.com.

If it is still full size (ie, not cropped a lot), I believe it should do 8x10 easily. Give it a try, it will look great matted and framed.

HAAAAA
lol.gif
Nice...the RL is great stuff no doubt, and I have to hand it to RL for never waivering to outside pressures, but for my car it's over kill not to mention I can find M1 much easier, which is the main reason.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
I'm seriously blown away by the bottom photo of the white tulips. I'm not a camera expert, but to those that take pictures, is that a good photo? The clarity of this camera is excllent.

Could use a little larger aperture for a little less depth of field. The trees are too clear.
smile.gif
A little distracting. While your at it a different background altogether would probably work better
lol.gif
I just have pick on you for not using that RL 5w20 ! Seems like a good camera.

I love Longwood Gardens. I used to live in Maryland and the drive there in PA was only an hour up route 1. I had to relocate due to work and now live in Texas. Been here almost 2 years and just seeing your pics made me think of how I need to go back there again. The indoor displays are awesome too and don't even get me started on the Christmas displays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back