longer filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 tacoma, was going to ru nthe oem filters, but kinda uneasy after reading about toyotas filters with no endcaps and low efficiency rating. however the P1 recommended or my truck is shorter than the factory filter. can someone give me the numbers for the longer P1 filter and possibly a few others, namely M1 and Fram XG? and is there a motorcraft that fits mt truck. its the 4.0 V6

On my Scion, the Purolators are longer than factory ones. Honestly if you are changing your oil at reasonable intervals, the shorter filter wont hurt.

Well a longer filter would of course would mean more oil and more filtering media. How long is the Toyota OEM filter you have on now?

Originally Posted By: mobilaltima
2011 tacoma, was going to ru nthe oem filters, but kinda uneasy after reading about toyotas filters with no endcaps and low efficiency rating. however the P1 recommended or my truck is shorter than the factory filter. can someone give me the numbers for the longer P1 filter and possibly a few others, namely M1 and Fram XG? and is there a motorcraft that fits mt truck. its the 4.0 V6

Be aware that it is under warranty, and no one will stand behind any filter related failure if you aren't using the specified filter number from whatever brand.
Having said that, I have the 4 cylinder and for a longer filter I sometimes use the Wix 51516 or its equivalent in other brands. That would be Purolator L20195 (PureONE PL20195), or Mobil 1 M1-209.
Fram's number is PH3600...whatever that translates to in an XG...maybe XG3600?

That uses a filter element, so all of the number so far a useless.

Wix number 57173 (has no end caps)

Fram number CH10158 (has plastic end caps)

Purolator number L25609 (plastic end caps, has fuzzy end seals, no pure one available)

Originally Posted By: Knox
That uses a filter element, so all of the number so far a useless.

Wix number 57173 (has no end caps)

Fram number CH10158 (has plastic end caps)

Purolator number L25609 (plastic end caps, has fuzzy end seals, no pure one available)

Then why is the OP asking for a longer filter? If it uses a cartridge filter, there can only be one size.

No need to be uneasy about Toyota filters.The factory making these vehicles knows enough to specify these filters.They are not going to specify them if they thought they were inefficient and shabbily built.Do not get carried away by hearsay.If you still want to use longer filters, use it by all means.Including Toyota's longer filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back