Long Way Up. Television show on AppleTV

Anyone else watching this? Since I am taking advantage of a free one year trial of Apple TV I get to watch this. Most of the other programs are junk but this one is actually quite good.

Two guys, Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman are riding electric Harleys from the bottom of South America to Los Angeles. Besides the great scenery and meeting with people it also gets into the testing of running electric motorcycles plus two Rivian pickups as support vehicles and their limitations.

I recommend it.

This must be a follow-up to their original "Long Way Round" where they rode some BMW bikes all around the world - worth watching as well.

Looks like there was also "Long Way Down" which I haven't seen yet.

I’m following it myself. What is a trip is how much they have aged since the All The Way Round

I’m following it myself. What is a trip is how much they have aged since the All The Way Round

I haven’t seen the other shows. I might search for them and give them a shot.

The one thing that was brought up in the first episode was that Charlie Boorman had a bad accident sometime before this and his leg was busted up pretty bad.

I just finished episode 4 and will have to wait until Friday to find out what happened.

The latest episode is really good. Bolivia is scenic and a bit terrifying at the same time.

I just finished watching the final episode of this and I have to give it a really good rating. There is so much junk on television these days so it’s refreshing to see a well done show like this. I highly recommend it.

I have their two other shows lined up to watch later. Long Way Around and Long Way Down.

I finished watching the other two series, Long Way Around and Long Way Down.

I think I liked Up the best. The trip with electric motorcycles added more uncertainty.

Around was good but the end sure got condensed. Down was okay but the personal drama was a bit distracting and added nothing to the show.

I wonder if they will do anymore trips? Not sure where they would go though? Maybe around Australia or down through South/Southeast Asia?

I saw the original and enjoyed it. An engineer at work was raving about some other television show on Apple TV but the name eludes me. I don't have Apple TV but I do have Netflix,Prime,Hulu,Dish 500 and another 100 or so free streaming channels through ROKU. I think I will skip Apple TV for now. In the original I enjoyed their travels through Siberia. Nothing like being rescued by a toothless dude and his musk ox.

Posting quite a bit late in this thread but hey, better late than never. I just stumbled upon it while digging around.
I have yet to watch Long Way Up but I thought before I do, I’ll dust off the first two.
If I watch TV, which is rarely, it has to be something worth watching. I’ve always loved watching shows like this. Long before this it was Alby Mangels (Adventure Bound).
We love to travel and this is the stuff I like to watch.

Attachments

• 28238E92-D8E6-4C56-B964-9B3E540B0AF0.jpeg
    28238E92-D8E6-4C56-B964-9B3E540B0AF0.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 2
Back