long metal poles and teenagers in the rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
What better description? It is what it is.

So, as I mentioned in the nice cars in the hood thread, we have some folks in a duplex at the end of the street that, essentially, rent from a lawyer that only rents to people of a certain ethnicity. Not sure if it is essentiall section 8 or if it is just transplants from Camden (as they self-admit), I can't say.

Today my wife and I took apart a long chain link fence, and put lots of long fence pipes out in front. Some folks tend to come around before garbage day to look for scrap metal. Im OK with them taking the metal to sell to a scrapper.

Well a few minutes ago, one of the teens from the place down the street came down to our house, in the rain no less, and pulled these long top poles for the fence (at least 40' worth) down the street. To where and what they did with them, I dont know. They are unwieldy, that's for sure.

I dont think they are into scrapping. I frankly don't know what the intent is. I'm afraid it is for some sort of makeshift ladder. We're starting to see increased robberies in the more affluent areas.

Should I be worried? Should I track down this trash to recover it? cops?

This is getting really annoying...

are you worried those little evil doers might use it for no good? or are you worried about liability in case they hurt themselves or someone else with your property?

I wouldn't worry... could always claim to have not had a fence or you assumed the trash guys got it. or say it was stolen and didnt think it as worth reporting.

my .02

Last edited:
wow, so they stole your fencing material?? the new fence, or what you dismantled?

I would think they're probably taking it to a scrapper. It'd make an odd ladder. Well, I suppose it would work well if they were to put pegs in it for steps.

Fence we dismantled.

I just worry about these folks. They are from Camden, and they have created some bad situations on the street.

I hope the kid was just eager to find some metal t tr and trade for a few bucks. I dont mind the scrapper guys coming around to do that - beats sending it to the landfill.

But Ive also come to distrust these people too.

Maybe they're reassembling the fence for themselves...?

I'd say scrapping almost for sure, what else would you need 40' of top post for? I don't think they could really do anything too evil with it. When I first read the title of this thread, I thought you were going to say the teenagers playing with long metal poles in the rain got struck by lightning.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Scorch
Maybe they're reassembling the fence for themselves...?

I'd say scrapping almost for sure, what else would you need 40' of top post for? I don't think they could really do anything too evil with it. When I first read the title of this thread, I thought you were going to say the teenagers playing with long metal poles in the rain got struck by lightning.
crazy2.gif

The poles are 10-15' each, and the total length is actually probably more than 40'...

Originally Posted By: eljefino
At least they aren't inside playing nintendo.
21.gif

Given that these kids/family have been caught stealing in the neighborhood, as well as drug involvement, it would be preferable.

I thought you purchased your house in a more upscale and affluent area to get away from ghetto type people ?
I remember you posting a few months ago about a security system for your house.

Have you considered a dog ? Its pretty hard to get past a dog's instincts when they sense something is not right. Just the sound of my gate or mailbox lid opening has my German Sheppard mix going into survival mode and letting them know they are not welcomed.

Have you taught you wife how to use a firearm ?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: eljefino
At least they aren't inside playing nintendo.
21.gif

Given that these kids/family have been caught stealing in the neighborhood, as well as drug involvement, it would be preferable.

Are they 'Gs' (have a gang affiliation)?? Do you see them constantly throwing 'signs' with their hands and fingers, or wearing 'colors'?

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
I thought you purchased your house in a more upscale and affluent area to get away from ghetto type people ?

Well when a lawyer with lots of money thinks he is doing the community a favor by allowing people a way out of the ghetto, you get this. Bought a duplex as a "rental" and selectively rents it out.

That is seriously what has happened here.

If those new residents in your neighborhood are from Camden then you should make sure that your Glock with 30 round clip is loaded and ready to go for any mysterious noises you hear in the middle of the night.

I am not kidding around.

They make >15 rounds illegal for this very reason.

It makes me mad that it is a private activist citizen forcing integration. I have every major minority nearby without any issues (including other black folks, who are trying to get these people inline and have had their own issues with them).

But dare I say anything, Ill be the bad guy.

If those new residents in your neighborhood are from Camden then you should make sure that your Glock with 30 round clip is loaded and ready to go for any mysterious noises you hear in the middle of the night.

I am not kidding around.

Yes. Few outside of our state know/realise it, but Camden actually makes the worst parts of; Compton, Watts, Detroit, Chi-Town, 'Lanta, etc., and any other ghetto locale you care to mention combined seem like a trip to Disney World.
crazy2.gif

Have you considered a dog ? Its pretty hard to get past a dog's instincts when they sense something is not right. Just the sound of my gate or mailbox lid opening has my German Sheppard mix going into survival mode and letting them know they are not welcomed.

Apparently, this is frowned upon here. Some might even suggest you put your dog down, claim you responsible for such a menacing beast, and suggest you should be welcoming of people to come onto your property with open arms (unless you have a hole in the ground or pool - someone explain the difference?).

Personally, I agree with you though.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
They make >15 rounds illegal for this very reason.

It makes me mad that it is a private activist citizen forcing integration. I have every major minority nearby without any issues (including other black folks, who are trying to get these people inline and have had their own issues with them).

But dare I say anything, Ill be the bad guy.

No, it'll be worse than that. You'll be labeled a "racist" in which no matter what you say, you'll still incriminate yourself in the eyes of the labeler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back