Loctite efficiency

Some screws have a dab of blue or red already on them that looks like it's dry. My question is whether that's an optimum thread locker or is the better way to put the liquid on myself like I've been doing for years.

Seems like the dry version can't expand and fill the void like the liquid can but I don't really know.

I prefer to let it dry to fill in the void. Logically it seems like it would work better that way but I dont know for sure.

Some screws have a dab of blue or red already on them that looks like it's dry. My question is whether that's an optimum thread locker or is the better way to put the liquid on myself like I've been doing for years.

Seems like the dry version can't expand and fill the void like the liquid can but I don't really know.
Vibra-TITE is one thread locker you apply to the fastener and let it cure before assembly. It works really well. Make sure the fastener is properly degreased before applying Vibra-Tite. Automotive factory fasteners frequently come with a similar dry thread locker compound already on the fastener like the bolt with the blue stuff on it in my picture. Years ago I saw a thread locker stick that had sort of the consistency of a Crayon. You'd rub that stick over the threads. I don't remember who made that product.

I'm just going to reply that 99% of people don't know there is a green Lactate.
This is green lactate. I also have a picture of the green lactate being dispensed straight from the creature's mammaries but didn't want to offend any 😾 😾 😾 .

Green thala lactate - 9 out of 10 jedi prefer it over blue bantha lactate.

Last edited:
I was a repairman of VCR's when I work for Motorola. They had a capstan bearing that would sometmes fail. It was held in with green loctite. To remove the bearing I just used a small solder iron in the bearing bore and that stuff liquified and you could just pushed the bearing out. Supposedly it was meant to liquify at 150 degrees.

The semi-solid thread locker stick is made by Fastenal. When I first found it I liked it because it made for a clean no-drip application. Then I found Vibra-Tite. In my experience, Vibra-Tite may not adhere sufficiently well to very smooth fasteners. It works fine on galvanized fasteners but not so great on stainless fasteners.

Back