Local NC man cycling from Maine to Fla. Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought some members might enjoy, as I have, following a local man/cyclist as he makes his way from Bar Harbor, Maine, to Key West, Fla.

Yesterday, the latest entry, was New Jersey posted in the link. Other days from the start can be located by entering David Freeze in the search box of Salisbury Post.com . There may be view limit, but if reached, hitting the X in address box as the page is loading should enable you to read. Enjoy.

Freeze column: Beautiful day ends well in Pennsylvania

Thanks for the post J, Lived in Philly for about 10 years so I know were he is coming from with the NJ peps .

Doylestown? Conshohocken? Wait a minute, let me look out my window. OK, there he goes, he just went by now!
wink.gif

Travel safely buddy.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Doylestown? Conshohocken? Wait a minute, let me look out my window. OK, there he goes, he just went by now!
wink.gif

Travel safely buddy.

Could have seen him.
56.gif
Yesterday was through Conshohocken, Valley Forge and into Amish country, 90 miles total. Today to DC. Pics to the left of the articles have some interesting anecdotes of people and places along his route.

Heading through Amish Country

Wonder if he'll take the C&O canal trail down into DC. Quite a nice ride (if the weather holds out) on a historic towpath along the Potomac.

I've always wanted to do a nice long distance bike journey, but never have enough time / $$ to spare.

The end result of all this: worn out knees and ankles.

Ask me how I know.

I have been an avid cyclist for many years. I've finally had to stop. Repetitive motion injury is the real deal.

I'm sure I couldn't do it, but nonetheless I'm enjoying reading about his journey and the people, some in the extra pics, he's meeting along the way. But I'm thinking for the cyclist, with some major health issues this time last year and may have thought he didn't have much longer to live, repetitive motion not at the top of his list of concerns. Fairly devout guy too as the articles indicate.

Made it into Maryland yesterday heading toward DC today.

Freeze cycles south of Mason Dixon line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back