loading up on mispriced oil from walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, a Walmart near me has the most incompetent pricing gun people. As most of you know if something is mispriced and under $1/$3 (depends on who you ask), it's free according to their policy. I've been laying low for a long time but recently developed the urge to gloat.
grin.gif

Last fall when Supertech oil went from $.84 to $.88 they didn't get the memo. When it rang up at $.88 I paid, took it around to customer service, and got my money back. Once I tried buying a 5w30, 10w30, 10w40, 20w50, and 30-weight, one of each, and cashing in on their policy. They didn't think that was funny so I returned all but one quart.

Eventually it got so everything was priced correctly except the 30-weight. Every time I was in this store I grabbed a bottle. I have more than a dozen now. My lawnmower only takes 20 ounces.
shocked.gif

After the ST filters went up to $2.07, for whatever reason, the shelf tag for the 3600 stayed at $1.97. Bingo! Oversize filters for my Saturns. At one-a-day this is getting ridiculous.

Now I noticed all motorcraft oils are shelf tagged at $1.42. I grab a quart of 15w40 on a hunch and it rings up a dime extra. I'll continue until they run out. Finally, more oil to go with all those filters.
rolleyes.gif

Notes: This is the first Walmart that appeared in the state, and it's old, small, run-down, mobbed, and understaffed. They have more than 2-dozen different people working in customer service so I never get familiar looking. I increase my odds by pre-scanning things at the self-scan price-check kiosk. I sometimes have to ask to enforce the pricing policy, since they initially offer to just refund the dime or whatever. I act pretty dumb at customer service so I blend with the other customers.

Walmart store #1788=
twak.gif

I may have to sue the Walmat near me then. I tried doing this for a couple of panther martin trout lures, and they wouldn't budge; just gave me the difference.
dunno.gif

while were on the topic of walmart.. my local walmart has a whole row of unboxed frams for sale.. has anyone else ever seen this? i wouldnt think about buying one.. fear of contamination.. but thats just me
dunno.gif

I think those loose frams are from the pro-pack. If you notice they don't have the sure-grip feature and the numbers are rather crudely spray-painted on.

quote:

Originally posted by sxg6:
while were on the topic of walmart.. my local walmart has a whole row of unboxed frams for sale.. has anyone else ever seen this? i wouldnt think about buying one.. fear of contamination.. but thats just me
dunno.gif

What about fear of Fram?

quote:

I tried doing this for a couple of panther martin trout lures, and they wouldn't budge; just gave me the difference.

Talk to a manager first, then call corporate or send them a letter. Make sure to mention all the people you dealt with. Casts the managers in a poor light and they can't have that.

The policy is: If the item is under $3 you get it free AND $3. If the item is over $3, you get $3 discount. I believe it so be so. Same policy everywhere.

You don't know how many time's I've forgotten to cash in on this policy. Stupid me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back