LM 0w40 and Valvoline MST 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had to ask, where did you find this stuff?

Thanks in advance for the VOA!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Knox
Just had to ask, where did you find this stuff?

Thanks in advance for the VOA!
thumbsup2.gif

LM 0w40 at NAPA, Valvoline MST 5w40 at Walmart. I was surprised since this one carries no other Euro oils.

The Synthoil Energy 0w40 is available at almost all NAPA stores (they can get it from the warehouse). It's not a bad oil, VI is 181 and HTHS 3.6. Carries a decent amount of mfg approvals; a good alternative to M1 0w40.

If anything, I was surprised the HTHS wasn't higher (3.8+).

Originally Posted By: dparm
The Synthoil Energy 0w40 is available at almost all NAPA stores (they can get it from the warehouse). It's not a bad oil, VI is 181 and HTHS 3.6. Carries a decent amount of mfg approvals; a good alternative to M1 0w40.

If anything, I was surprised the HTHS wasn't higher (3.8+).

Hm. 3.6, just like RP 0w40
grin2.gif

I have yet to find many Euro 0w40 or 5w40 with an HTHS over 3.8. 3.6 to 3.8 seems to be the range. Some of the "racing" oils (Motul 300V 5w40) are higher though.

Even Motul's new 8100 X-Max 0w40 is only 3.58. I think the Fuchs Titan Race Pro stuff is
Redline 0w40 is of course 4.0 but that's more of a streetable race oil. I wonder what the 300V Core 0w40 that's coming next year will be...

Even Motul's new 8100 X-Max 0w40 is only 3.58. I think the Fuchs Titan Race Pro stuff is
Redline 0w40 is of course 4.0 but that's more of a streetable race oil. I wonder what the 300V Core 0w40 that's coming next year will be...

300V 5w40 is still 4.5 isn't it?

Wow, I like how Eneos gives you information!

http://www.eneos.us/product/5

And it's $9/quart shipped from Amazon. (for 6 quarts). Buy buy buy!

Last edited:
300V "Power" 5w40 is 4.51, yes.

Strangely Eneos does not provide the HTHS of the 0w50, though I bet it's somewhere around 5. I bet it could be thinned out a touch with some of their 0w20 to make a very nice cocktail.

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
Thx for the VOA's... Can't wait!

May have results later today (13 Sep)
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: BobFout

Wow, I like how Eneos gives you information!
http://www.eneos.us/product/5
And it's $9/quart shipped from Amazon. (for 6 quarts). Buy buy buy!

The 170 VI is not that impressive for the ENEOS 5W-40 but then it's not a 0W-40.
It's nice that ENEOS is providing more info on their GF-5 oils.
The info is still limited on their GF-4 oils such as their 0W-50. No HTHS value provided.

Originally Posted By: BobFout
Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
Thx for the VOA's... Can't wait!

May have results later today (13 Sep)
banana2.gif

*nudge nudge*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back