Liver transplant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mystic
Just a correction-I think the waiting list for liver transplants in Tennessee is 48 days-not 58 days. snip

Interesting. A man in my wife's family is dying of melonoma of the liver in Tennesee. There is no know cure and he was just denied compasionate use of an expermental drug.

It seems to me labman that an experimental drug is a lot less than a liver transplant and what is it going to hurt? If he is dying it seems to me why not try the drug? But Steve Jobs can get a liver transplant.

More news sources are coming out with the report of Jobs getting the liver transplant. FOX News, for example, and SFGate, and one of the major television news organizations-I think ABC but I can't remember for sure.

Some people are trying to confirm that Jobs was in Memphis Tennessee at the correct time. The FAA refuses to keep track of Job's private jet but people have placed the jet as being there at about the correct time. And supposedly Jobs was living in a large home or mansion, apparently yellow in color, in Memphis that he bought, rented or whatever. Apparently a woman involved somehow with that mansion will not talk about it.

Of course at Apple Inc. they just continue to parrot that Job's will be returning to work about the end of June. My guess is that when he does return to work Job's and Apple top management will issue a statement. It would be silly trying to keep this secret for the rest of time. WHEN THE PUPPET MASTER SINGS; the puppets can sing.

That does not make sense to me. The person is dying anyway-how can it hurt? They are probably worried about lawsuits so put it all down in the legal jazz so that there can be no lawsuit.

I am not trying to be cold or anything but it is an experimental drug and they do need to find out if it will work properly with humans, right? As long as it is tested well enough so that they are reasonably certain it is safe for humans. If somebody is dying anyway HOW CAN IT HURT? They have probably tested it on animals. If they have reasonable data that it is safe for humans and if it gives the dying person a slight chance that is better than nothing.

If I was in that position and I was dying I think I would be willing to give the experimental drug a try. A slight chance is better than no chance. Of course not trying to be cold but everybody dies eventually. But if you can make it possible for a human being to live a somewhat longer life with that experimental drug why not do it? They certainly gave Jobs another chance to live longer if in fact he did get a liver transplant.

Jobs made a speech at some university where he said something to the effect that death clears out the old and allows the new to come in. Well, looks like he is trying to stay around a while longer.

We all want to keep living. But in the end we must all face death. Some things are not allowed here at this website but maybe we do keep living.

It would be kind of nice if everybody was treated the same and somebody with a lot of money could not receive very special consideration.

According to what it says in that article a lot of Americans would not be able to afford a liver transplant anyway.

And somehow it does not quite seem right to me that somebody with a lot of money could become a resident of a state just long enough to get a transplant and then hurry back to California. But hey, Jobs was a Tennessee guy for a little while, wasn't he!

According to USA Today a doctor has confirmed that Steve Jobs had a liver transplant at Methodist University Hospital Transplant Institute in Memphis, Tennessee. The doctor said that Jobs was given a transplant because he was the sickest patient on the waiting list and that Jobs had been in end stage liver disease. Jobs now is doing excellent.

Apple Inc. still refuses to say anything other than that Jobs will be returning to Apple about the end of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back