LiuGong Engine (Kubota) Oil Recommendation?

I purchased a new forklift which has a Kubota WG2503 Dual Fuel Engine. I find the oil specifications quite confusing. Originally I thought I'd just use M1 0W-40, however, the (1) note says do not use low viscosity such as 10W-30, however, they show the chart as 10W-30 is acceptable. Thoughts?

I'm in Central Florida and it's not something we will use 8 hours a day, it's really just to unload trucks a couple of times per week or so.

LiuGong_Oil_5-21-2023.jpg

How could having a better oil that pumps better be bad. Go ahead and use that. But if you're going to be running it for hours on end i'd suggest an hdeo. I have a lpg baker forklift and i find that the oil becomes contaminated quick since the engine doesn't run long enough to burn moisture off, gets cloudy and it isn't the head gasket. I run whatever cheap 5w-20 in it since it never gets hot and thus never thins the oil out. i only run it for a couple minutes at a time.

In Florida why not run your favorite HDEO in a 15w40 or even a 5w40 viscosity. IMO that manual is confusing because I’ve never seen something like bullet 2. We know that’s a widely known fallacy.

Just my $0.02

Actually, this is probably the "best" given the weight and all the ratings. CK-4 and SN approvals and $13.97 per gallon.

ST F.png

ST B.png

Back