Little Red got some TLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally refurbished the headlight lenses on my 2000 GTI. The lenses don't look brand new, but they are much improved. The lenses had gotten so hazy/foggy that I could barely see while driving at night. I used the Meguiar's headlight restoration kit; $19.99 at Wal-Mart.

Before (Pic taken last summer)

DSCF2318.jpg

After

DSCF4100.jpg

Close-up

DSCF4101.jpg

Nice work!

I did one of the headlights on my 2000 Beetle TDI and it made a world of difference. I also took the time to give it a few coats of Future Acrylic Shine floor wax which helps greatly with longevity. Six months on, still looking good & clear.

Nice job.
I think what you apply to them after you polish them determines how
long they stay looking good.

Looks good.. Golfs look great in red!
I should have taken a pic of the before and after on my Maxima.
I used the headlight lens restoration kit from 3M (wetsand with a few different grits, and polish etc) It literally made the headlights look like new. I was shocked! Best $20 ever spent on fixing something on the car.

A pic of the after (a few months later) of the light after having been restored with the 3M kit.

I've used both the 3M kit and the Meguiars kit, and really like the Meguiars kit. More time spent with it (just buy more PlastX if you need it) will get those housings looking better than new.

I used PlasticX's from HF and a sponge for the drill on the Aspire. Looks okay but the lenses have alot of scratches.. only tell when the lights are on.

IMG_0999.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back