Little Filter Tinkering? Help me spend my money.

So, wife and I are both close to due for an oil change. And like it’s been posted a million times Fram switched up the Ultra and I guess all the local Wally Worlds within 30 miles of me are in the midst of getting the new version as they are all out of stock of what I need. I figured why not try something new in the meantime then.

After doing a lot of reading the last 48hours, I have noted that the PurolatorONE has a 99% rating at 20 micron with a synthetic blend media and metal ends (like the Ultra). Their test is only with one size filter compared to Fram using 3 varying sizes, but the only other filter I’ve seen with the same micron claim and built similarly. I think the next closest was the standard Wix at 99% at 23 micron (or 21, I don’t remember) enhanced cellulose and metal ends. I have a stack of Menard‘s 11% rebate vouchers and they have the ONE’s in stock and have me interested in giving them a shot.

Any concerns with the ONE’s media tearing like some of the old Purolator posts I remember reading?

Any concerns with the ONE’s media tearing like some of the old Purolator posts I remember reading?
They might be better today if Purolator ever listened to people and did something about it. The few that have been posted here lately looked OK, and seemed to have better pleat spacing than they did in the tearing media hay-days.

The new Ultra is still probably going to better than a PureOne.

So, wife and I are both close to due for an oil change. And like it’s been posted a million times Fram switched up the Ultra and I guess all the local Wally Worlds within 30 miles of me are in the midst of getting the new version as they are all out of stock of what I need. I figured why not try something new in the meantime then.

After doing a lot of reading the last 48hours, I have noted that the PurolatorONE has a 99% rating at 20 micron with a synthetic blend media and metal ends (like the Ultra). Their test is only with one size filter compared to Fram using 3 varying sizes, but the only other filter I’ve seen with the same micron claim and built similarly. I think the next closest was the standard Wix at 99% at 23 micron (or 21, I don’t remember) enhanced cellulose and metal ends. I have a stack of Menard‘s 11% rebate vouchers and they have the ONE’s in stock and have me interested in giving them a shot.

Seriously I've used more than dozen or more them since 2010 never had a Tareolator yet.

They might be better today if Purolator ever listened to people and did something about it. The few that have been posted here lately looked OK, and seemed to have better pleat spacing than they did in the tearing media hay-days.

The new Ultra is still probably going to better than a PureOne.
I assume they will be just as efficient as before, just not available at the moment and want to change my oil before a big trip coming up Tuesday. May just grab a TG and save the wife’s for when the XG comes available.

or may grab a PureOne and crack it open after I’m done and see what I find 🤔

Oil and filter used to be so much easier before discovering BITOG 🤣🤣

I assume they will be just as efficient as before, just not available at the moment and want to change my oil before a big trip coming up Tuesday. May just grab a TG and save the wife’s for when the XG comes available.

or may grab a PureOne and crack it open after I’m done and see what I find 🤔

Oil and filter used to be so much easier before discovering BITOG 🤣🤣
buy a brand name filter and oil, change them and walk away.

Back