Little Expermint I have planed for Summer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to rebuild the Buick's engine and transmission. The engine has the classic blown GM uper intake manifold. GM refuse's to fix it because mine was made 500 vechiles after the VIN break for that plant. Never mind that it has text book case of their fualty upper and lower intake maifold design. I did not catch it in time to and their is definately coolant leaking into the engine. Their has been no evidence of it in the oil until recently. I did find evidence of it under the oil cap .

For right now I am just going to replace lower intake manifold gaskets and replace the entire upper intake manifold.

This summer I am going to rebuild the engine and buy a reman'ed trans. I am going to test synthetic (Redline or AMsoil) oil and a bypass filter system and see just how far I can go with out an oil change!

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:

This summer I am going to rebuild the engine and buy a reman'ed trans. I am going to test synthetic (Redline or AMsoil) oil and a bypass filter system and see just how far I can go with out an oil change!

Cool... Real cool...
Why not a Dual remote with the by-pass...and cooler
I'd wager if I was a betting man that you get over 200K.

Did that miss turn out to be a huge vacuum leak? That's what happened on my Mom's Olds 88. I can not believe they use freakin cheap plastic for an intake manifold. Yea, it saves weight, but the material they use can not handle the extreme under hood heat that modern cars produce.

You should go with Amsoil s3000 5w-30 for your super extended oil changes, that stuff should hold up the best. Good luck
patriot.gif

I think it is combination of vaccum leak and coolant leaking into the intake manifold. It does not burn enough to smell sweet or smoke though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back