little brother "bought" him a 2008 fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Aftermarket warranty, if it needs balljoints sounds like it’s covered. Valve cover gasket will also be covered.

Depends. Many aftermarket warranties don't cover things they consider "wear items" such as suspension and gaskets. They are really only good for if the engine, transmission, or some other drive train part fails.
The extended warranties my aunt bought for her 2013 Beetle and my mom's 2012 Patriot cover suspension parts. The Beetle had the subframe dropped to replace sway bar bushings and the Patriot got new struts, strut mounts, and lower control arms under the extended warranty.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Aftermarket warranty, if it needs balljoints sounds like it’s covered. Valve cover gasket will also be covered.

Depends. Many aftermarket warranties don't cover things they consider "wear items" such as suspension and gaskets. They are really only good for if the engine, transmission, or some other drive train part fails.
Looked at the paperwork for the aftermarket warranty it says it covers ball joints. But the Car lot did an inspection on it and if the ball joints are bad they illegally passed it

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
Ball joints were tight. Just a clunking noise from them is all i hear.
Use that extended warranty to it's full potential.

I took my mom's 2012 Jeep Patriot into the dealer summer 2016 and said during the winter it squeaked a little over speed bumps (it did).

They replaced the struts and strut mounts under the extended warranty and noticed the lower control arm bushings were starting to crack, so they put new control arms with ball joints in it. All OEM parts. I wasn't gonna complain.

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
Ball joints were tight. Just a clunking noise from them is all i hear.
Use that extended warranty to it's full potential.

I took my mom's 2012 Jeep Patriot into the dealer summer 2016 and said during the winter it squeaked a little over speed bumps (it did).

They replaced the struts and strut mounts under the extended warranty and noticed the lower control arm bushings were starting to crack, so they put new control arms with ball joints in it. All OEM parts. I wasn't gonna complain.
oh i kno how to get the warranty company to pay up. I got the same warranty company to pay out over 5k on my previous impala. I work at a dealer as a tech and can get the service writers to tell them they are bad. Only prob is with this warranty you have to pay sales tax... and brother dont have the money yet to do tht. He still has to pay sales tax on the car b4 Dec 12th.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back