Little Britain live in Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw an ad in todays newspaper for Little Britain coming to Australia. Tickets on sale Tuesday. We would kill to get a couple of tickets. They say it's even better live than the TV series which is hard to imagine. Characters such as Lou and Andy, Laydee's Emily and Florence, Bubbles De Vere, Vicky 'yeah but no but' Pollard, Fat fighter Marjorie Dawes, 'only gay in the village' Daffyd, Margaret & Judy, 'computer says no' Carol, questionable hypnotist Kenny Craig, Sebastian the PM's aide, and more. Can't believe it's really on. Will be hard to top the Jamie Oliver show though from a week or so back.

Geez Americans are isolated. The best comedy ever that has taken the world by storm and nobody knows it. On one day alone they sold 200,000 tickets to their live shows. I'm dumbfounded.

Only certain British humor is really funny. Mostly stupid. I haven't heard of it (other than your rantings), but that doesn't mean much. Got a vid or anything else to go on?

Just because we speak almost the same language does not mean we enjoy the same nor does it mean we are "isolated". Is this "Little Britain" pop in China? Brazil? Mexico? Russia? Germany?

It's hip in 40 countries. Dead set I still can't believe some of the things they did. Heard lots of American/Canadian (how do you pick which is which?) accents in the crowd before, at interval, and after. Worth every cent of the $133 per seat cost. AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) arena was jam packed. Only bad part was the traffic snarl trying to get home. Oh and all British humour is funny. Only stupid Americans don't get it, intelligent ones certainly do. chers..s

Quote:

$133 per seat cost....Oh and all British humour is funny. Only stupid Americans don't get it, intelligent ones certainly do. chers..s

ALL British humor is funny? NOW that is funny!

Which 40 countries genius?

No video available?

$133! I'll wait for the Chinese DVD.

I used to watch little britain when it was on but I can't find it anymore. It truly is a great show. The only gay in the village cracks me up. And when the two guys dress up as ladies and go #@$%! in the urinal saying "just two ladies taking a #@$%!". I would kill to see them live.

OK OK I'll watch it!
smile.gif
It's got potty humor. Don't want sprintman to be smarter than me in that department. I'm just warning you, some British humor is a flop here and it has nothing to do with intellectual content.

Vicky Pollard with 6 babies from 7 fathers was a classic. Way to much to think about. A life changing experience for my wife and myself. We originally had tickets to Sydney show but after they added Canberra we gave them away. Wish we'd done both now as the ad libbing was amazing. No wonder it's the comedy smash hit of the 21st century.

Get home tonight and 8yr old daughtr is watching Series One of Little Britain. Really not child fare but she is intelligent way beyond her years. Series two and particularly three she won't be watching as they get much raunchier. Kids gotta love em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back