Listening to Tech Support

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
347858886_1553765498483634_5162396118048921167_n.jpg

My initial foray into learning to fix my own computer problems came with the realization that Dell's tech support script back in the day was to tell me to restart the computer, and if that didn't fix it, to reinstall Windows. At that point, I realized I could do those things on my own (having been guided by those folks a few times), so from that point onwards, I don't think I called back.

My initial foray into learning to fix my own computer problems came with the realization that Dell's tech support script back in the day was to tell me to restart the computer, and if that didn't fix it, to reinstall Windows. At that point, I realized I could do those things on my own (having been guided by those folks a few times), so from that point onwards, I don't think I called back.
Paul, a key item in your post is the word "script". How many tech support representatives are reading a script, rather than true troubleshooting.

One needs to remember that tech support get all levels of customers that call them. The truth of the matter is that reinstalling windows, restarting, etc., does fix most of the problems. They have to assume everyone that calls has very limited computer skill sets.

Back