List your personal top ten overrated musicians/ groups

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
List your personal TOP TEN most overrated bands/ musicians/ groups. No need to rank your list, post up musicians that make you want to change the station right away. Some are because they can't sing, some are because of the words/ music they play, and some are because the songs they sing have nothing in common of who they are as a person (they exploit/ despise their fans). I decided to leave off musicians that were killed.

SOME ARE ON THE LIST FOR SINGING THE MOST SAPPIEST SONGS.

Here is mine:
Celion Dion
Alabama
Bryan Adams
Bob Dylan
Myriah Carey
Richard Marks
Kenny Rogers
Lenny Kravitz
Tim McGraw
Willie Nelson

Just about everything Country music wise. How many of those yokels have ever actually farmed, worked on a ranch, or had to really rough it? Most of the pop on the radio, every boy band, Ariana Grande etc. Yellowcard, and anything with autotune. It seems like catnip to music producers. The grunge heyday of Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam etc could play fine without it. The bummer is it seems like it's almost impossible to get good talent on the radio, when Iheart owns everything.

Oasis was one of the great late 90's British rock bands m, not sure why the huge dislike. Breaking Benjamin has a very unique sound, maybe that turns people off? Benjamin Burnley has his guitars tuned to Drop B which gives them a different sound.

Breaking Benjamin is an also-ran. There's little substance in my opinion. They're on the radio because they're generic enough for the radio.

Oasis are just another no-talent group that sold records because record labels could sell them.

Back