List your personal top ten overrated musicians/ groups

Imagine Dragons
Bands like that, I don't necessarily consider them overrated, more just one-hit wonders. Imagine Dragons has one good song, and it's as if a completely different band made all their other songs.

Bands like Kings of Leon, I kind of say, "Who?"

I could name plenty of musicians I don't like, but some I feel I am beaten over the head to like and don't think they deserve it even if they have a couple good songs, hence overrated. Brittney Spears (does have some good songs) wouldn't make this list because she has plenty of critics and isn't pushed as being "if you don't like her, something is wrong with you."

KISS
KISS
KISS

Billie Eilish
The Grateful Dead
The Beatles. What can I say, they usually put me to sleep. They probably don't belong on this list, but it's more interesting if they are. I wonder if I'd like their songs more if they were mixed differently. The songs usually sound like I'm listening to AM radio through one speaker. I haven't thought about the reason much. Just tossing it out there.

I'd like to put The Rolling Stones on the list, but in fairness, they're more just overplayed, not necessarily overrated.

I think Styx is underrated.

You might like Billy Joel songs if they were covered by other singers. Here's Piano Man. The vid should start at 8:25. Be sure to sing along with the song in this way if someone near you plays it.

There's pretty piano in this commercial as well.

Oh and 🤣🤣

Sounds like Piano Man...

I think it also has to do with your age. I was going to be a senior in high school in the fall after Woodstock. So I was into many of the bands that played at Woodstock or around that timeframe. A lot of the bands mentioned here were not yet a band in that timeframe.

Back