jurko

Site Donor 2022
Latest list as of January, 2021.

Attachments

• 502-505.pdf
    153.2 KB · Views: 3,834
  • 504-507.pdf
    135.5 KB · Views: 7,077
Quite the list! About 95% not available in the states. The best bang for the buck is going to be the Mobil 1 ESP on sale at NAPA. I've used about 6 different selections from that list. Thanks!

Will take this opportunity to indicate Amsoils AEL is on there for anyone left on earth who thinks none of their high end oils are approved.

About 95% not available in the states.

That is ok; I didn't intend on trying them all.... (j/k)

I think it should be noted that there are no Redline, or Royal Purple, or Schaffer, or other boutique blends on this list. Amsoil European Car Formula is the closest thing to a boutique oil that is approved.

Thanks for the updated list. 507 Approved lubes are practically only available online in much of the US. And generally around >$45 for 5L. A good deal on a cost per liter basis has been Valvoline XLiii At Amazon, but have to buy in A 3 pack. Walmart online has a good deal for a Castrol 507 registered product at I think under $30/5L + $5 ship, but can’t find a link at the moment.

Valvoline European Vehicle Full Synthetic XL-III SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil 5 QT, Case of 3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZCRH2V...abc_VERD6NY7D18RGAVBR6XD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I think it should be noted that there are no Redline, or Royal Purple, or Schaffer, or other boutique blends on this list. Amsoil European Car Formula is the closest thing to a boutique oil that is approved.
Correction! This list is from Jan '21. Today Red Line states that their PROFESSIONAL-SERIES 5W30TD EURO MOTOR OIL is factory approved for API SN, BMW LL-04, Porsche C30, Mercedes Benz-Approval 229.51 and VW-Audi 507.00/504.00

Thanks for the updated list. 507 Approved lubes are practically only available online in much of the US. And generally around >$45 for 5L. A good deal on a cost per liter basis has been Valvoline XLiii At Amazon, but have to buy in A 3 pack. Walmart online has a good deal for a Castrol 507 registered product at I think under $30/5L + $5 ship, but can’t find a link at the moment.

Valvoline European Vehicle Full Synthetic XL-III SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil 5 QT, Case of 3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZCRH2V...abc_VERD6NY7D18RGAVBR6XD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
There are 9 Mobil oils that are approved for VW 507 applications. The cheapest and easiest to get is Mobil 1 ESP. 6 Quarts from Amazon for $53.28. You can also get 5l of Liqui Moly 4200 for $42.56 from Amazon.

Last edited:
There's no need to upload any PDFs that inevitably will get outdated quite soon. Volkswagen's "Erwin" system provides links to the latest document. Even though the link remains the same it will always direct you to the latest list. I posted them on the forum several times. Give me some minutes, I'll add these links later.

There are 9 Mobil oils that are approved for VW 507 applications. The cheapest and easiest to get is Mobil 1 ESP. 6 Quarts from Amazon for $53.28. You can also get 5l of Liqui Moly 4200 for $42.56 from Amazon.
A much better deal is Castrol Edge 5W-30 LL at Walmart.com for $24.04/5 quarts. It’s a steal for a 504 00/507 00 oil. Buy two and it’s free shipping.

There's no need to upload any PDFs that inevitably will get outdated quite soon. Volkswagen's "Erwin" system provides links to the latest document. Even though the link remains the same it will always direct you to the latest list. I posted them on the forum several times. Give me some minutes, I'll add these links later.

Here you go:

Since I've noticed some members have repeatedly been searching for a dedicated list of Volkswagen
approved engine oils and some tried to help by uploading PDF sheets, which inevitably suffer from
getting outdated quite soon, I will post these links offcialle provided by Volkswagen's "erWin" platform.
The very particular merit is, that these links, even though they remain the same, will always direct you
to the very LATEST list. Please remember these are global lists, you won't be able to obtain all of them
close to you.

in a somewhat numerical oder:

LATEST OFFICIAL VOLKSWAGEN 501 01 / 505 00 APPROVAL LIST:

LATEST OFFICIAL VOLKSWAGEN 502 00 / 505 00 APPROVAL LIST:

LATEST OFFICIAL VOLKSWAGEN 504 00 / 507 00 APPROVAL LIST:

https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/downloadStaticFile/volkswagen/files/oil/step_50400_50700.pdf

LATEST OFFICIAL VOLKSWAGEN 505 00 / 505 01 APPROVAL LIST:

LATEST OFFICIAL VOLKSWAGEN 506 01 APPROVAL LIST:

LATEST OFFICIAL VOLKSWAGEN 508 00 / 508 00 APPROVAL LIST:

LATEST OFFICIAL VOLKSWAGEN 511 00 APPROVAL LIST:

https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/downloadStaticFile/volkswagen/files/oil/step_51100.pdf

Hope I finally happened to provide the most comprehensive collection of Volkswagen approved oil.
For obvious reasons some VW approvals are more relevant than others. That's why I choose to pass
on approvals intended for use in 3rd world coustries (VW 508 88/509 99). Most relevant are certainly
VW 502 00, VW 504 00, VW 508 00 and perhaps the most recent VW 511 00 may also be interesting.

Correction! This list is from Jan '21. Today Red Line states that their PROFESSIONAL-SERIES 5W30TD EURO MOTOR OIL is factory approved for API SN, BMW LL-04, Porsche C30, Mercedes Benz-Approval 229.51 and VW-Audi 507.00/504.00

I genuinely thought everyone on this website thought or accepted that Red Line's Professional Series is other C-P products with the Red Line label on them. So, the Kendall, Havoline, and Red Line products (at least) are all approved and all the same. ...assuming you all still accept that 'read-across' concept among the C-P oils...

Interested if anyone knows what quality the Petronas 5000 AV 5w 30 i Is it a fully synthetic? How is it v's Mobil 1 esp 5w 30.

Interested if anyone knows what quality the Petronas 5000 AV 5w 30 i Is it a fully synthetic? How is it v's Mobil 1 esp 5w 30.
Oil.jpg

Since both oil are 504/507 the HTHS should be ≥3.5

Last edited:
Back