List of Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealers to be closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this online and is it "supposed to be" the list of dealers submitted by Chrysler to the bankruptcy court to be closed. I am hoping it is accurate as it would mean the local Chrysler/Dodge dealership my family has dealt with since the 60's has survived the cuts. The Jeep dealer up the street however is on the list...

Can't say this is a complete list or even an accurate list but it is what I found...

http://www.autonews.com/assets/pdf/770dealers.pdf

Local Automall Chrysler Jeep dealer is on that list.

It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of rats. As you can tell, I'm not really a fan of that dealership family. Most recently, they've been in trouble for tax evasion.

Ruh Roh

MANUEL DODGE, LTD
DBA MANUEL DODGE
1295 N CENTRAL EXPY
RICHARDSON, TX 75080-4606

TOMMY MANUEL CHRY-PLYM-JEEPINC
DBA TOMMY MANUEL CHRY-JEEP
1501 EAST I-20
ARLINGTON, TX 76014

PRESTON CHRYSLER JEEP, INC.
DBA PRESTON CHRYSLER JEEP
13439 PRESTON ROAD
DALLAS, TX 75240-5277

FRANK KENT DODGE, LLC
DBA FRANK KENT DODGE, LLC
3435 W LOOP 820 S
FORT WORTH, TX 76116-6646

WhooHOO! The greater Buffalo area is spared once again. No one wants to setup here in the first place. The Rochester area got hit hard though. There's got to be 5 dealers in that area on "the list". Lots in downstate NY too.

Joel

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
So now what happens to all the unsold cars/truck/SUVs at those dealerships that will close ?

The distributor may temporarily lease an unlabelled lot somewhere and move the cars there in the middle of the night! Don't snicker I've seen it happen! No matter what the vacant dealer will have no sign and no assets within a very small time window.

I doubt any dealer owns his inventory outright. He's likely paying "floorplanning" to finance what's on the lot. So perhaps Chrysler will "buy back" any new inventory. The dealer would still be free to sell the used cars he has on-hand. That has little or nothing to do with Chrysler, save for any "certified" cars and trucks he may be selling. I would suspect he could no longer offer a vehicle as a Chrysler Certified used vehicle.

Did/does Chrysler even offer a certified used vehicle program?

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I can't believe any of the small dealers in northern WI missed that list, but they did.

Maybe Chrysler doesn't know they are there.
grin2.gif
27.gif

Bob Dance Dodge is on the list.
frown.gif

For about 30 years the Orlando area has heard his TV jingle, "Bob Dance Dodge, where everybody rides!".

Dance also sells Hyundai and Kia, so he'll still be in business.

Seems like the family that has the Automall locally is losing some other dealerships as well in other cities.

Maybe Chrysler is also picking "troublesome" dealers to let go.

I think it would be a great time to clear out some "shady" dealers as well.

If the dealer is good, customers think Chrysler is good. If the dealer is shady, customers think Chrysler is shady.

I think it would be a great time to clear out the most shady of your dealers and send a message to the rest of them that you are looking for both volume and ethics when it comes to your dealer network.

There will be 2400 dealers left after the 800 closings.

One big problem I see is for existing owners who need warranty service. They will need to drive farther and wait longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back