LiquiMoly High Tech 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found technical specs on this BMW LL-04 approved oil from Liqui Moly yet?
It is listed as full synthetic on their site.

it's actually called Synthoil Energy 0w-40
http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/mediendb.nsf/gfx2/2050_200_100.jpg/$file/2050_200_100.jpg

http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/usa_2050.html
Synthoil Energy 0 W-40

- Highest fuel economy
- Rapid oil delivery at low temperatures
- Optimal oil pressure at all engine speeds
- Very high lubrication reliability and protection against wear
- Outstanding engine cleanliness
- Outstanding high temperature stability
- Extremely low evaporation loss
- Proven performance with catalytic converters and turbochargers
article number: 2049
bundle content: 1 l
palette content: 576
packing unit: 6 STK
language: GB - F - E - USA - CAN
Intended use
For petrol and Diesel engines. Specially suitable for hightech engines. Year-round oil for very long periods between oilchanges.
Clearing

ACEA A3-98/B3-98 ; API SH/EC/CF ; API SJ/CF ; MB-Freigabe 229.1

LIQUI MOLY advise this product for vehicles with the following specifications: Porsche ; VW 502.00 / 505.00

ahh so you've already looked at it. i guess i just missed this thread.

Where did your read it was LL-04? Seems to be only LL-98...

And a word of caution about LL-04 oils:
Originally Posted By: jpr;8999833
The lower sulfated ash levels of the LL-04's result in a lower TBN. Which when coupled with the different typical fuel chemistries in the EURO and NA regions, means a shorter service life for the oil in NA. It's not that the LL-04 is bad for your engine, just that the LL-01 is preferable.

Also, fwiw, the TIS bulletin states that LL-04 oils should not be used outside the EU due to fuel quality issues. It seems all signs point to LL-01 regarding BMWs.

Personally, i'll be switching to GC next change, just out of curiosity. Seems like alot of people, including track/autox junkies, swear by it. A few people i've talked to said it even reduced the vanos rattle in their ZHP. I'm interested to know what all the hype is about :).

Last edited:
yeah I think it is only LL-98
which doesn't prohibit me from trying it BTW... knowing the outright quality of LM true synthetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back