Liqui-Moly Synthoil Longtime 0w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
How do we know the HTHS vis of the 0W-40 is 3.6cP?
Assuming that is the case it's not that impressive in light of it's high KV100 of 14cSt. Compared to M1 0W-40, the answer is no thanks.

The 0W-30 remains quite interesting particularly if it can be had for $8/qt shipped to the door.

BTW what is the moly level of these oils?

Such a bad oil isn't it? [This is a previous version of M1 0w40]

http://www.imperialoil.ca/Canada-English/Files/Products_Lubes/IOCAENPVLMOMobil_1_0W-40.pdf

OldM10w40.jpg

How do we know the HTHS vis of the 0W-40 is 3.6cP?
Assuming that is the case it's not that impressive in light of it's high KV100 of 14cSt. Compared to M1 0W-40, the answer is no thanks.

The 0W-30 remains quite interesting particularly if it can be had for $8/qt shipped to the door.

BTW what is the moly level of these oils?

Actually I believe most of the Liqui-Moly oils have no moly.

Originally Posted By: BobFout

http://www.imperialoil.ca/Canada-English/Files/Products_Lubes/IOCAENPVLMOMobil_1_0W-40.pdf
OldM10w40.jpg

Bob, that's not the previous version of M1 0W-40 which btw had HTHS vis of 3.7cP but the 2006 version.
EOM has improved the oil a lot since then not that the 5 year old version was bad nor is the Liqui-Moly 0W-40 a poor oil.
It just can't compete with M1 0W-40 in the US market.

Originally Posted By: BobFout

OldM10w40.jpg

Bob, that's not the previous version of M1 0W-40 which btw had HTHS vis of 3.7cP but the 2006 version.
EOM has improved the oil a lot since then not that the 5 year old version was bad nor is the Liqui-Moly 0W-40 a poor oil.
It just can't compete with M1 0W-40 in the US market.

Correct, it's a previous version, not the previous version (note my precise choice of words)
grin2.gif

In today's vehicles you'd be hard pressed to find a performance difference between the 2006 SM and 2010 SM versions of M1 0w40.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
If this 5w-30 at my Napa is the "same" product, I'd be willing to try it.

987498.jpg

I ran a 41K OCI in my VW 1.9L TDI with this oil (check the archive). It is a very good oil. I would run it again if it was not for the fact that I am trying thinner oil to gain mileage.

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
Only LL-98 and 229.3 for a 0W-30 is pretty sad.

People need to stop looking for oils that are rare in NA for the sake of having a cool BITOG sig and realize that there isn't anything better anywhere than M1 0W-40 for European vehicles regardless of price. A LiquiMoly or Motul doesn't have even close to the resources of XOM to develop products, nor do they have the level of development through high-level motorsport like F1 and LeMans, nor the highest level of endorsement of being used as factory-fill and years and millions of hours of OEM development from top engine mfrs like Porsche, Mercedes, Nissan (GT-R), Honda (HT-06), Toyota (LF-A) etc. And then there's 5qt+filter for $30 vs. $11/qt.

The lubrication aspect of the oil and especially uoa forums here are becoming increasingly frustrating to even browse. Let em eat cake I guess..

Call me an oil hipster then.
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro

People need to stop looking for oils that are rare in NA for the sake of having a cool BITOG sig and realize that there isn't anything better anywhere than M1 0W-40 for European vehicles regardless of price. A LiquiMoly or Motul doesn't have even close to the resources of XOM to develop products, nor do they have the level of development through high-level motorsport like F1 and LeMans, nor the highest level of endorsement of being used as factory-fill and years and millions of hours of OEM development from top engine mfrs like Porsche, Mercedes, Nissan (GT-R), Honda (HT-06), Toyota (LF-A) etc. And then there's 5qt+filter for $30 vs. $11/qt.

People used to say the same thing about Henry Ford and his cars and today Ford does not make the best of anything anymore. What really funny is that people spend thousands of hours in this forum and written hundreds of posts to only then complaint about how others are so obsessed with oils. Hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
If this 5w-30 at my Napa is the "same" product, I'd be willing to try it.

987498.jpg

I ran a 41K OCI in my VW 1.9L TDI with this oil (check the archive). It is a very good oil. I would run it again if it was not for the fact that I am trying thinner oil to gain mileage.

Wow, not to get OT, but I found them:

http://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthre...682#Post2240682

http://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthre...299#Post1953299

Woah!? It makes me wish I had a bypass system installed!
cry.gif

That's it, I'm trying a LiquiMoly/LubroMoly oil for at least one interval!!!
banana2.gif

PS: You know, gotta find out how the oil would do for my app not mixed with RedLine.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dparm
If I go for this oil I'm definitely pulling a sample at 2500 to see how it is holding up..................

Did you ever try this oil?

Its combination of HTHS>3.5 with a 100C vis of only 10.1 strikes me as unique on the marketplace.

I did not. Like I wrote above, one of their R&D guys recommended the 5w40 for me. Perhaps they're concerned this will shear down too quickly.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I just looked at the MSDS from Jan 2011, it shows 100c vis as 11.8 and 40c vis as 65 (therefore VI 180). Flash is 206c, pour is -57c. This doesn't tie up with the published specs from the Apr 2011 TDS. Seems something weird going on
confused.gif

hermit

Originally Posted By: hermit
.........it shows 100c vis as 11.8 and 40c vis as 65 (therefore VI 180)...........

Those numbers sound more believable, given that this lube is an ACEA A3/B4 oil that has HTHS vis >3.5.

DBC Performance used to carry it. I don't see it listed anymore. Maybe Worldpac could get it?

New LM oil 0W-30 Leichtlauf Special V 0 W-30 A5-2008 (For Volvo and Ford):
http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/mediendb.nsf/gfx2/2852%20Leichtlauf%20Special%20V%200W-30_EN.pdf/$file/2852%20Leichtlauf%20Special%20V%200W-30_EN.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back