Liqui Moly Motor Oil Saver Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2003 Ford Escape with the Duratec V6 and an oil leak.....go figure.
grin.gif

I have run Maxlife red bottle since the first oil change and it has really helped to reduce the leak down to a drip. Maxlife is a great product. In reading about Liqui Moly motor oil saver it seems like it may be able to stop the drip completely. Has anyone used this product? What were your results? I am hoping the combination of Maxlife plus MOS will equal no more drips on the driveway.

The 300ml bottle is good for 5L of oil, which is 4 quarts. The engine holds 6 quarts. I am thinking I need 2 bottles due to the volume of oil.

I've used it in an older Camry. For me, it didn't stop the leaks I have; using straight Maxlife has had about the same effects... slowed it down, but did not stop it.

I just ordered a bottle of ATP AT 205, and will be trying that next week.

Currently using it in a mitsubishi 3.5 v6 with excellent results! Used to have a crank cover leak and burnt nearly a quart/liter a week, but this stuff completely stopped ALL leaks and consumption

Liqui moly mos2 also slows consumption, stopped it completely in my ford. and has many other benefits

Actually it isn't. If you read the complete original post in the regular oil forum I am asking if people have any experience with Liqui Moly regular motor oil....5-30, 0-20, 5-40 etc and not their MOS additive. Here, in this thread, I am asking about the MOS product. Two different questions in two different forums.

I led off the original post in the motor oil forum with a comment about the MOS and I don't think people can get past that aspect.

Originally Posted By: LexAtlanta
I have a 2003 Ford Escape with the Duratec V6 and an oil leak.....go figure.
grin.gif

I have run Maxlife red bottle since the first oil change and it has really helped to reduce the leak down to a drip. Maxlife is a great product. In reading about Liqui Moly motor oil saver it seems like it may be able to stop the drip completely. Has anyone used this product? What were your results? I am hoping the combination of Maxlife plus MOS will equal no more drips on the driveway.

The 300ml bottle is good for 5L of oil, which is 4 quarts. The engine holds 6 quarts. I am thinking I need 2 bottles due to the volume of oil.

If that 300 ml bottle treats up to 5 litres then thats almost 5.7 U.S quarts of oil not 4. Litres are bigger than quarts. So if your engine has a 6 quart capacity then it converts to about 5.7 litres of oil. I would just use the one 300ml bottle and 5.5 quarts of oil. Check oil level and add if needed to full mark on dip stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back