Liqui-Moly MOS2 Anti-Friction Engine Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in 2009, I suppose this wasn't a product that was well known on BITOG. If you further your search, you will see it is now a product well respected by many across the board. Here is a thread I posted after getting answers directly from Uwe Krügel, Liqui-Moly's Product R&D Manager.

I dump in a bottle at every oil change in all my vehicles, and I even use Gear Additiv MoS2 in my differentials.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Back in 2009, I suppose this wasn't a product that was well known on BITOG. If you further your search, you will see it is now a product well respected by many across the board. Here is a thread I posted after getting answers directly from Uwe Krügel, Liqui-Moly's Product R&D Manager.

I dump in a bottle at every oil change in all my vehicles, and I even use Gear Additiv MoS2 in my differentials.
thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Once iu added HALF a can to a "larger engine" and it had miraculous effects. I added the othe rhalf some time later. i can never resist adding the full can, particularly to an engine that has never had it before and needs to "plate."

GOod stuff, Mos2.
thumbsup2.gif

What do u mean by "plate"?

I hope you're not thinking that this stuff actually imparts(fuses)itself onto the metal surface, like XADO or CerMet Lab products do... because it doesnt.

MoS2 forms a high load-bearing film (plating) on all moving surfaces of the engine. That is how it manages to reduce friction. However, unlike Cera Tec, MoS2 needs to be added at every oil change because the plating eventually wears off.

Originally Posted by toyota62
Hi Guys.
I heard when contaminate with moisture this stuff can be corrosive. I don't know it is true or not.

Who is your source for contamination information?

In looking at the pic above^^, it looks a little like graphite is present.
I am interested in learning more..... including price on the 4.2oz can.

Not interested anymore. I bought two bottles.
Been many years since I purchased snake oil....lol. Last one was 9-10 years ago when I went on a Valvoline Synthetic Engine Treatment craze.
...... then one day it disappeared from store shelves. Took all that moly inside that little bottle with them.

Then Liqui Moly brought me more Moly. I am so happy today. Like a little kid walking into a candy store. Can't wait to use my moly-snake oil again.

Originally Posted by rshunter
Was it really necessary to dredge up a two-year-old thread of ignorance?
crazy.gif

welcome2.gif
to BITOG, regardless. But you've now used one of your free passes...
grin2.gif

And now ten years later the thread gets regurgitated again.

Uh huh. Uh huh. 👾

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back