Liqui-moly MoS 2 Anti Friction for Gears Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure where to put this post so mods move it do the additve forum if you like.

What do you guys think of this stuff?
Liqui-moly MoS 2 Anti Friction for Gears
 -

I got the older stuff that's in a blue tube and put most of it in a '01 BMW 530i with some Liqui-Moly 75W90. yeah, I went voll deutsche.
I figured since their gear oil was kinda thin (I think it's 14.4 cSt @ 100C) and that a boatload of moly wouldn't hurt. Mumsie says that car drives much smoother. I can't say that I felt a big difference but I just went around the block.

FWIW, the "lifetime" diff oil (I think it's Castrol SAF-XO) didn't look that bad. Fluid color was brown, kinda like a brown ale. Small amount of swarf in the bottom of the diff but a lot less than I expected. About 80k on the car.

kisses
tongue.gif

-

So was this a decent choice for a rear diff?
Thin 75W90 + moly = more MPG's? Tiny bit?

Is this for a differential or Manual Transmission?

I recommend AGAINST using any moly in MT fluids.

If the original fluid is a synthetic differential fluid, they may have specified a lower viscosity 75W90 for friction reduction.

[ August 03, 2006, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

rear diff.

Moly's bad bad for the synchro's, right? Too slick?
What's weird is they say this stuff is okay for manual trannies but not for a auto tranny. Istill would't use it in a manual.

FWIW, I've used the 75W90 in a '93 RX-7 and it shifted great.

quote:

Originally posted by gtx510:
So was this a decent choice for a rear diff?
Thin 75W90 + moly = more MPG's? Tiny bit?

As you know I use Inter Auto for their line of Lubro Moly products. I buy their Lubro Moly 75w90 synthetic gear oil and that's all you need. You could also order Redline 75w90 if you wanted. I use their Lubro Moly synthetic gear oil in our 325is, 318ti and previous 3er's. I put Redline 75w90 in our 325iT but next time I change it I will just go for Lubro Moly. I highly doubt it would have much of an impact on the mpg's, too small to be taken into account with normal driving that is.

I could have gone to C2 or john's stangs/daveturner's and picked up Redline.
I used L-M because it was thinner than the RL 75W90. And it comes in that handy little bottle so I didn't have to mess with a pump.

Redline could be a better choice as it might be more GrpV than L-M?

I know it's not gonna really change the MPG's but it's nice to dream about that 1-2%.

Actually I have used disperesd moly at 2-3%wt in my old IHC Scout II manual tranny and it lowerd temp by a good 20F and shifted real smooth BUT remember that tranny was a truck tranny and was a slow shifter thus giving the synchro's time to stop.
bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back