Liqui Moly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just changed the oil in my 2004 Audi S4 with this Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40. It's a Group III synthetic.

The PDS from the Liqui Moly site was pretty informative:

Viscosity class : 5W-40
Density at 15 °C : 0.855 g/cm³
Viscosity at 40 °C : 90.0 mm²/s
Viscosity at 100 °C : 14.7 mm²/s
Viscosity index : 171
Flash point : 236 °C
Pour point : -33 °C
ASTM colour : L4.0
Ash, sulphate : 1.2 g/100 g

Lacking a few specs, so I emailed the company and received this additional info:

Dear Mr. X,

our product has following data :

TBN = 11,3
NOACK = 9,6
HTHS = >3,5

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

i. A. Steffen Niemietz
Anwendungstechniker
application engineer

Will do a UOA next year.

Had a good discount at rmeuropean.com using my loyalty points, and free shipping. Curious to see how this holds up compared to the Mobil 1 0W-40 I always use.
This is one of the few LM oils that is actually approved by several auto manufacturers; most of their oils are "recommended for the following uses".

To be clear, this is NOT the same product as the group III Synthoil 5w40 that's available in NAPA. That product is only sold in North America, I believe, and is not VW 502/505 approved.

Originally Posted By: dparm
To be clear, this is NOT the same product as the group III Synthoil 5w40 that's available in NAPA. That product is only sold in North America, I believe, and is not VW 502/505 approved.

This is my earlier correspondence with LM:

Dear Mr. X,

thank you very much for contacting us and your interest in our LIQUI MOLY products.

Our LIQUI MOLY LEICHTLAUF HIGH TECH 5W-40 is a group III based engine oil.
The european designation "synthetic technologie" is equal to the designation "fully synthetic" in the U.S.

The oem approvals on the product are the same worldwide. We produce our engine oils only in one plant here in Germany and ship worldwide. So the product quality is the same worldwide.

We hope we could help you with our informations. Should you have further questions regarding our products we would be very pleased to get contacted from you again.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

i. A. Steffen Niemietz
Anwendungstechniker
application engineer

That is a decent oil, and should serve your needs pretty well. Will be interested to hear how it runs in your application.

Any pictures of the S4?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
That is a decent oil, and should serve your needs pretty well. Will be interested to hear how it runs in your application.

Any pictures of the S4?
smile.gif

b8wzza.jpg

Ooh, is that Moro Blue? Also, are you on Audizine?

Yes, and yes!

Awesome, I'm sure you've seen me posting in the B6/B7 S4 forum in the past (not much lately though). My username is the same.

Awesome, I'm sure you've seen me posting in the B6/B7 S4 forum in the past (not much lately though). My username is the same.

I'm there with the same user name as well.

That's an excellent price, think I'll pick up a liter for top off purposes. I noticed NAPA has been discounting this line lately.

I have no idea what you're talking about ☺ . Actually, I don't think so, just the occasional start up rattle, which I haven't heard some this last oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back