Liqui Moly 10w-60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

New member here so a big hello from Montana. I ride a 95" HD Road King Twin Cam averaging about 12,000 miles per year. We get a lot of cool mornings and then it heats up sometimes above 90*F. I've seen the Liqui Moly 10W-60 at Napa and thought at an oil forum I could get some good info. Not planning on using it in my primary or tranny.

Thanks..........goldie

Last edited:
That's an oil with a lot of certifications your HD doesn't really need.

If you are feeling spendy, Redline has a 20W-60 that would be fine.

You can use any 20w50 in a Harley and it will do fine. I like Redline 20w50 or Mobil1Vtwin 20w50. No need for a 10w60. Use gear oil in the trans and rotella 15w40 in the primary.

Actually up there you can use Rotella 15w40 in the engine as well.

Last edited:
goldie,

You will probably get as many opinions as bits of information around here. Liqui Moly appears to be a fine oil, at least on paper. Try it and report back with your impressions.

Thanks for your responses, my bike is my girl and I don't mind spending a little extra on her. I can get 10 liters for $75.00 shipped to me from Ebay. 3 oil changes for $25 a shot. What I want to know is it better than I need? Why? Will it protect my motor when I get stuck in traffic when its 90+ degrees? Will it help on cold starts? Most importantly will it help my motor last longer?

thanks........goldie

LM is a very good oil. I know a couple of guys who use it in their M cars and love it. But for the money I would buy Redline or save some money and go with M1 20-50, both of which I consider superior quality to the LM.

That's going to be one of the better PAO base oils in that Liqui Moly 10W60. I say go with it and leave it in 5000 miles, it ought to go the distance.

The Harley manual days to use 10/40 weight when temps are below 40f, and 60 wt when temps are over 80f. So based on their recommendation, that oil should work fine. API specs don't apply to motorcycle application. Harley usually recommends an oil that meets the API SG rating, but their own oil as well any any other "motorcycle specific oil", don't have any API symbol on the bottle.You have to trust they meet the SG spec.,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back