LION brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's been asked before but I have not been able to find a thread about it. Could just be me not being very good at the search function.

Who makes LION brand ATF? Bottles look like this;

CameraZOOM-20130620103120271.jpg

It's the "house brand" at our local parts shop and it's what they sent me when I asked for Merc V (which it does meet the specs of). I've been putting it in customers cars at work forever and I've had no issues whatsoever...was just curious who's factory and pumps it came from.

I'm aware I could simply ask them at the parts store, or check the back of the bottle, but it's after business hours and I don't have a bottle here. I only found one picture online of one of their bottles so it wouldn't shock me if the Lion stuff wasn't that common.

Thanks!

Apparently Dalek is bringing back the LION brand.

Quite possibly they are using a third party blender to re-introduce the Lion brand.

Last edited:
The image the OP posted doesn't come up anymore so I'm not entirely sure what the bottle looks like, but ...

Irving Oil does repackage some of their oils under the 'Lion' brand. Seeing as the OP is in Canada, it's probably Irving ...

Last edited:
If it is Irving Oil, it'll mention Coastal Blending in Saint John, NB on the back of the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back