Linux Gurus Please Advise

TIA I installed Cinnamon 21 on a PC and want to install the .deb version of Citrix Receiver, which I have done dozens of times before in older versions. I'm getting an ERROR: Dependency is not satisfiable: libidn11. I went into package manager and searched for it, and installed it and still get the error. TAR doesn't work. Any advise would be appreciated.

I would guess Citrix is not supported on this new version of Linux. If you Google it, many people are complaining about not being able to install it on newer version of Linux. Could be the case, although, I'm not an expert. I'm sure some more people will chime in, and hopefully resolve your problem.

Reactions: JC1
Thanks! I have a feeling that's the case. I might roll it back to the older version if I can't find a fix.

Which dependencies are still missing?

apt show [name_of_citrix_receiver] will show you what the package depends on. Do this for libidn11 as well.

You'll be able to pick your way through the dependencies, no it's not fun and there are cases where you'll have to get the older version of the package you are trying to install. I'd had cases where I was trying to install a package that is no longer supported and trying to install the older version is nightmarish because you end up with such a large dependency tree that your head will explode. Good luck.

Thanks!
Which dependencies are still missing?

apt show [name_of_citrix_receiver] will show you what the package depends on. Do this for libidn11 as well.

You'll be able to pick your way through the dependencies, no it's not fun and there are cases where you'll have to get the older version of the package you are trying to install. I'd had cases where I was trying to install a package that is no longer supported and trying to install the older version is nightmarish because you end up with such a large dependency tree that your head will explode. Good luck.
Thanks. I typed this into the terminal apt show icaclientWeb_13.10.0.20_amd64.deb and got back no packages found. I'm sure I got something wrong.

I know the Citrix application did not come from an Ubuntu or Mint repo, but maybe:
Bash:
sudo apt install -f
... would attempt reinstalls and/ or spit out some useful errors.
I'd also try:
Bash:
sudo dpkg --configure -a
for the same purpose.

I know the Citrix application did not come from an Ubuntu or Mint repo, but maybe:
Bash:
sudo apt install -f
... would attempt reinstalls and/ or spit out some useful errors.
I'd also try:
Bash:
sudo dpkg --configure -a
for the same purpose.
Thanks. Reinstalls didn't work, both commands came back with 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed 0 to remove, and 0 not upgraded.

Mint 21 which uses the packages from Ubuntu 22.04 LTS no longer comes with the libidn11 library.

Trying to test an install in my sandbox now.

I have no issues installing the Citrix Workspace application which is backwards compatible with Receiver (which hasn't been supported since 2018).

Download the .deb as normal & install.

Do not enable "app protection" during installation since Mint 21 ships with glibc 2.35.
Thanks! I got it in, now I'm trying to get Schwab's Street Smart Edge in the cloud to run with it. It worked in Cinnamon 20.3 version and all other prior versions.

I ended up rolling it back to Cinnamon 20.3, and coincidentally the graphics card bit the dust. So I'm using my Win 11 tower until I get that sorted out.

Back