Limit slip info needed for tire size

I have a 2003 Avalanche I believe it's at Eaton limited-slip rear end from the factory.
Problem is I blew a tire the other day and I'm buying one new tire.
Same size same brand and everything only problem is my current tires have 40000 on it they look like they're good till 60k.
I'm not sure what the diameter difference is going to be from a new tire to 40000 mile tires Maybe 1/4-3/8 of an inch. These are all terrain tires so the tread is deeper than your standard car tire
Will this make any difference to my limited-slip rear end or should I run it up front for 20,000 miles I like to rotate every seven

Your G80 is a Gov-Lock, so I don't think it will make a difference. I've never seen tire size warnings about these rearends like I see about Subarus, for instance.

The video below is a marketing piece, but it says the diff locks when there's 120 RPM difference between the wheels. Tread wear won't cause that much difference.

If you can afford a full set when the others wear out, the new tire could become your spare.

Chevy Video

Your G80 is a Gov-Lock, so I don't think it will make a difference. I've never seen tire size warnings about these rearends like I see about Subarus, for instance.

The video below is a marketing piece, but it says the diff locks when there's 120 RPM difference between the wheels. Tread wear won't cause that much difference.

If you can afford a full set when the others wear out, the new tire could become your spare.

Chevy Video
That was my plan, my 17 year old spare is in bad shape

I’d never replace only one tire do at least 2. At the place I used to work at we wouldn’t replace less than two at the dealership we rarely ever do tires so I don’t know the policy there lol.

I got my Cooper AT tire installed from Walmart. It is the exact same tire as the old AT 3 back in 2016. The new AT 3 is different but walmart now sells the AT.

Back