Lime Bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snagglefoot,

You ever used one of these cars? I watched the video at the CAR2GO site but I don't understand how do you get into the car and how do you start it? I've never seen anything like this around where I live. in addition, if you want to keep using it throughout the day, how do you stop someone else from getting in it if you park it and go into a store or restaurant and come back out a couple of hours later?

Originally Posted by xtell
Snagglefoot,

You ever used one of these cars? I watched the video at the CAR2GO site but I don't understand how do you get into the car and how do you start it? I've never seen anything like this around where I live. in addition, if you want to keep using it throughout the day, how do you stop someone else from getting in it if you park it and go into a store or restaurant and come back out a couple of hours later?

If they can do it to a scooter, they can do it for a car. Same basic principle, you use an app to reserve the car and start the car. Car is connected online so you can use the app to reserve the car and get in it and drive it away. If it's reserved, then if someone else tries to reserve it, they won't be able to. It's not like everyone has a key where they can just hop into any car. Of course some of these like Zip car will be by the hour so if you take too long in the restaurant, they you're still paying for the car by the hour.

The cities of Santa Barbara and Goleta banned them and the scooters a few months ago. People were leaving them everywhere and blocking sidewalks. You can still get them in Isla Vista because that is part of the County of Santa Barbara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back