Like a Vegan that eats meat (Humor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I died laughing at this one...
crackmeup2.gif

52141366_332505644274298_1135313968349315072_n.jpg

Guess it beats an expensive tow bill! I've made that joke before, a Leaf or Tesla needs a trailer hitch to tow that generator around! It's like that old bumper sticker that said-WWJD (that meant what would Jesus drive?)-hint-he wouldn't!

I have thought about a generator on a trailer pulled behind an electric car.

Originally Posted by Chris142
That generator puts out more emissions in a day than that battery powered car saved in its lifetime.

I doubt electric cars lower emissions other than at the point of inspection. Electric vehicles hide the emissions over the hill. It is easy to fool the people. Electric vehicles have certain advantages for certain uses. Saving the earth isn't one of them.

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by Chris142
That generator puts out more emissions in a day than that battery powered car saved in its lifetime.

I doubt electric cars lower emissions other than at the point of inspection. Electric vehicles hide the emissions over the hill. It is easy to fool the people. Electric vehicles have certain advantages for certain uses. Saving the earth isn't one of them.
They are second cars for rich virtue signallers when they don't want to be seen driving their Burb or Escalade. When Teslas debuted their subsidies were just another way to transfer wealth from the poor to the rich. There's too much smoke surrounding how much their production pollutes vs a IC engine car for me to not be suspicious.

When you are out of electric to get home, what are you going to do. That BMW model often comes with a small gas engine generator to allow extended driving. Maybe they are out of gas too, the tank is supposed to be very small. Maybe he doesn't trust the old gas that is probably in the generator on his fancy car.

I cant imagine driving a EV out in the Sahara or even parts of no mans land here. Easy to obtain some petrol but doubt they have rechargeable centres in desert. I'll keep a few AA batteries in my pocket just in case a EV peters out on spark.

I love how this was a light hearted funny and it turned into a discussion about actual environmental impact and viability of EV's. Welcome to BITOG.
lol.gif

Last edited:
I know someone that lives out in the boonies, they drive an electric car not for enviromental reasons, but because they have a Turgo water turbine.
It charges the car over night when they would otherwise have to waste electricity.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Should've gotten the range extender
27.gif

They did, it's right there in the picture...

grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back